Kingsford on Sale

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ga_smoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Wilmington, North Carolina
My local Home Depot is selling the 2 bag bundles (18lb bags) for $9.97. I heard Lowes is selling their 18lb bags for buy one get one free, not sure of the price per bag. Get it while it's HOT!!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Steve

at k-mart here.was a little cheaper.then when I bought 4 bags.they give a printed coupon from the register..$5.00 off next purchase of kingsford..sweet..

Hey folks Home Depot is running the same 2- 21lb. bag special for Kingsford briquettes this weekend. I picked up a couple bags for $9.97 today.

Seems they like to run this during summer holiday weekends (hope they repeat this for Labor Day).

Please feel free to ignore this thread if you don't use Kingsford. Sorry to bother you at the convenience of passing along some good information to those folks around here that do use the stuff.

I just bought four bags of Cowboy lump by mistake. (I should have bought the kingsford, but the tags were not placed properly.) When I left the register I checked my reciept and, I told the clerk that I thought that the Cowboy lump was on sale because the yellow tag was above the Cowboy Lump pile. She sent me down to customer service for a refund, as I wanted the Kingsford that was on sale.

The manager listened when I told him my story and he said no problem. He refunded my money in full. When I asked where I should put the bags of Cowboy lump, he stated they are yours free of charge. I said that I would prefer to pay for them even if were a discounted price. (I wanted to get what was ever on sale.) He stated firmly that I should keep them. I thanked him profusely, but I still feel guilty as this was my mistake for not reading the tags clearly.

My only guess is that they were closing down and did not want to make the adjustment? Or it could have been that they felt that the sale tags were not placed properly as well. In any case, I still feel like I should have paid for them. I guess that I am old school....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky