Just a Small Butt.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin' in AZ

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 13, 2019
Chandler and Show Low Arizona
Well I was able to get a butt (6.5 lb.) on the smoker the other day.

Got it rubbed (which is how I like my butts) with yellow mustard and Jeff's rub.
IMG_20200606_071004430.jpg

Then onto the Rec Tec @ 225 degrees.
IMG_20200606_071611104.jpg

4 hours later
IMG_20200606_114416177.jpg

9 hours later.....
IMG_20200606_163510409.jpg

Inside and resting.
IMG_20200606_173750673.jpg

Bone pulled ....clean as a whistle!
IMG_20200606_173933940.jpg

Shredded - Lookin' good.....
IMG_20200606_181340246.jpg

And plated.

IMG_20200606_181835863.jpg

Thanks for lookin' folks

Was a real nice butt if you know what I mean..... :emoji_joy:

John

John that is a fine looking butt! Looks like you rubbed it tenderly and gave it some attention which probably resulted in it being juicy and succulent.

In all seriousness though it looks great buddy. Has me hankering for some pulled pork now!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Nice job on that butt John, the PP looks most excellent.

Point for sure
Chris

Great bark and a darned nice butt John, Like! Seeing that kind of makes me hungry for a pulled pork sammy, think I'll go do some shopping at Freezermart. RAY

You've kind of made me feel weird to reply to this.......very nice butt!

Yah, I'm kinda thinking the same thing Jake. Somehow it just doesn't seem right telling a guy he has a nice looking butt, but sometimes ya just gotta do it, so...nice looking butt John :emoji_laughing: All brown and crusty outside from the AZ sun but moist, juicy, and succulent on the inside. Exactly as a butt should be!! In all seriousness though, ya did a great job on that. looks really good, especially the plated pic.

Robert

Yah, I'm kinda thinking the same thing Jake. Somehow it just doesn't seem right telling a guy he has a nice looking butt, but sometimes ya just gotta do it, so...nice looking butt John :emoji_laughing:
Well, actually you can compliment him on his shoulders, but doesn’t seem much better.

John that is a fine looking butt! Looks like you rubbed it tenderly and gave it some attention which probably resulted in it being juicy and succulent.

In all seriousness though it looks great buddy. Has me hankering for some pulled pork now!
Thanks for the like and funny comments John!

You've kind of made me feel weird to reply to this.......very nice butt!
Thanks Jake!
Very nice.. That pork and dinner plate look delicious!!!

JC :emoji_cat:
Thanks for the like and nice comments JC!

Nice job. See you have a pan of water there. I have a half a butt doing on the Rec Tec this weekend. I gonna use the add on shelf and put foil pan under to catch juices to mix back in if needed.
Thank you for the like Brian, and are you lovin your Rec Tec as much as me?

Nice job on that butt John, the PP looks most excellent.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks for the like Chris and comments!

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky