It's 6:45 PM...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I may've found how to whip it early this year. I was up far far later than usual at a Joe Bonamassa concert last night. So its all screwed up for me.

See how the week goes.

I did a overnight shift at my side gig Saturday...7p-7a. I was like "Oh man...0200.....woohooo!" And then it was 0100 again. Took all the wind out of my sails. Needless to say the rest of that shift dragged!

Jim
The 4th shift where I work wants a extra hours pay when time changes in the fall. They weren't willing to take a hour cut in the spring though. LoL

Reactions: JLeonard
The 4th shift where I work wants a extra hours pay when time changes in the fall. They weren't willing to take a hour cut in the spring though. LoL
They pay us for the extra hour, and we lose the hour in the spring. I dont schedule myself for the short shift in the spring.

Jim

I guess none of you ever travel outside your own time zone. Man, the consternation over this every 6 months is always comical.

And, it seems the most people who want the time to stay one or the other are the people who are less affected by daylight variations across winter and summer.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I hate DST I am not out of bed until at minimum 9 AM, sucks going in the hot tub in the dark.

I guess none of you ever travel outside your own time zone. Man, the consternation over this every 6 months is always comical.

And, it seems the most people who want the time to stay one or the other are the people who are less affected by daylight variations across winter and summer.
When you have a collection of 50 watches. You may have a different point of view!!

If you want to hear of time confusion, in the early 80's when I was working railroad by Bismarck/ Mandan in ND the Missouri river ( splits the two ) is the time line. When had jobs close by on one side or the other it was always asked if that was Mandan time or real time ( Central) , many that were from other states got it confused quite often.

Time change explained:
"Don't forget to set your clocks from sunshine and happiness back to misery and despair."

DST-ST.jpeg

The voters in CA passed a proposition in 2018 by 60% to end DST but it's gone no where.
My state voted to do away with it but they won't do it till government does it.
Over half the states have trigger laws to fix the time at DST.
Waiting on the elitist Feds in the House to finish the bill and send to the (expletives deleted) president for signature.

I'm 51, have dealt with dst all my life... seems like every year the debate gets worse... kinda like beans in your chili or not.

Ryan
Beans or no beans has a lot more participants than people who give a rip about clocks ..... but yeah, leave the clocks alone and add beans or not to what you call chili and call it chili.

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky