injectable marinade recipe for turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was in the local Ace last week , and they had a new display of Kosmos BBQ injections . I've never used those , but have heard good things about them .
I think jcam222 jcam222 might have some input on those .
I’ve used Kosmo injection a time or two. I prefer Butcher BBQ as I feel like it mixes easier. That said if I could buy Kosmo at the local Ace I’d use it often probably. Manager of the local Ace told me he’d stock anything I want cooking related if it’s in their supply chain. I’ll have to mention this to him. He keeps B&B lump stocked to the hilt for me and my buddies.

Here is a turkey injection I have used in the past. We use it when there's no time to brine or soak. This is great for a bone in breast. I always make a smoked breast to take to the family on T Day.
Inject right before putting it on the fire. I use an emulsion blender to keep the butter in solution.

1 can chicken broth , I use low sodium
3-4 TBS unsalted butter
1 1/2 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fine grind black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
pinch of cayenne
1/2 tsp salt, dont use any salt on enhanced poultry

Have Fun!!

RG

2019-09-29-09.15.14.jpg

I’ve used Kosmo injection a time or two. I prefer Butcher BBQ as I feel like it mixes easier. That said if I could buy Kosmo at the local Ace I’d use it often probably. Manager of the local Ace told me he’d stock anything I want cooking related if it’s in their supply chain. I’ll have to mention this to him. He keeps B&B lump stocked to the hilt for me and my buddies.
And free shipping to the store. Our local store calls about every Friday and lets me know my order is in . Wife's not happy but I try to explain that they're also MY customers so it's just business lol.

1 1/2 TBS lemon juice
I like that . I use Pop's brine on poultry and inject . I add 1/2 tsp lemon extract to the gallon .
I'll have to get some lemon juice for times I just do a chicken stock injection . Did one last week and missed the lemon flavor .

Here is a turkey injection I have used in the past. We use it when there's no time to brine or soak. This is great for a bone in breast. I always make a smoked breast to take to the family on T Day.
Inject right before putting it on the fire. I use an emulsion blender to keep the butter in solution.

1 can chicken broth , I use low sodium
3-4 TBS unsalted butter
1 1/2 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fine grind black pepper
1/4 tsp white pepper
pinch of cayenne
1/2 tsp salt, dont use any salt on enhanced poultry

Have Fun!!

RG

View attachment 516690
Maaannnn!!!! Those are some Beautiful Birds!! Running 300?

Reactions: radioguy
If deep frying this turkey do not use a recipe with water. Water and oil don't play so well together and you will have a LOT of hot spitting oil flying all over including on you lol. You can use butter or margarine. Also I wouldn't brine either haha..

Non deep fried turkey, brine and/or inject away with anything that makes sense to you.

As for store bought injectors Tony Chacheres Creole Butter was my turkey go to.
When deep frying turkeys I would toss a bottle of that in a blender. A good handful of fresh Jalapenos, and about 6-8 table spoons of (yes table) of brown sugar into a blender. Blend that and then strain it. I would inject that into the turkey and WOW amazing!!!
The heat wasn't even noticable as it would spread throughout the turkey well and you lose a lot of those spicy oils in the frying process. The flavor stayed though!

Are the food safe brining bags something y’all get off Amazon?
Just a thought, you might have everything that you need out in the garage already.
I don't use brine bags, I use a small cooler then add ice, that way I don't take up fridge space while brining.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky