Smoked turkey breast lunch meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

H. E. Pennpacker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 29, 2019
North Central Indiana
I have a couple of boneless turkey breast “roasts” that I had my wife pick up with the intent of making our own lunch meat from. I also have some Harvest Brine dry brine from Naturiffic which has made THE best turkey for the last 2 years hands down…but I digress. What I would like to do is use the Harvest Brine for flavor on the turkey breast but I would like to also cure it. So can I add Cure #1 to this brine recipe to accomplish what I want in turning this roast into smoked turkey lunch meat or is this not going to work for me?

The package on the Harvest Brine says it can be on there for up to 3 days but I know cure no.1 is going to need longer than that to get all the way through the turkey. So is this a poor endeavor or would this work?

Thanks in advance.

I have a couple of boneless turkey breast “roasts”
Some of those are chunks of either white and dark meat , or all white meat " glued " together . I don't think they're meant for brining . You need whole muscle .
Just depends on what you have .

Some of those are chunks of either white and dark meat , or all white meat " glued " together . I don't think they're meant for brining . You need whole muscle .
Just depends on what you have .
It says made with turkey breast meat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 9
It says made with turkey breast meat.
It's probably tied or in a net . I bet it also contains a brine solution of sodium phosphate and enhancements . Those are good . I believe they can be cooked from frozen .
If it's all white meat it might be deboned , intact breast . The ones that have both are chunks . I also think they are made to be cooked in the netting or truss so they don't fall apart .
Those come out great as is in my opinion .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky