How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am a singer in a rock band and I very much enjoy food and beer (I think I'm in the right place!) When one of my close friends came to one of my shows (and the subsequent after-party), he was able to see just how much I enjoy the "finer things in life"... to which he replied, "Dude, you're a Monstah!!!" Of course, being from New England, he did not pronounce it "Monster", because we don't know how to say the 18th letter of the alphabet, we can only say "ahhhhh"!

The name stuck from there, and now that's how I'm introduced on stage. Some people still don't even know my real name.

It also makes reference to an architectural structure that resides on the home field of my favorite baseball team, the Boston Red Sox (been a fan all my life!)

greenmonstahji3.gif

Mine's pretty easy also....Middle name is Blackstone (was my grandmothers maiden name) You know how parents in the 60's came up with original names....... Nicknamed "Stoney" and have been Stoneman on several forums. When I'm Queing I'm pretty much in my own zone.... Thought "Stonez Own Q" pretty much covered things.....

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. It gives everyone else a small bit of your personal side to think about....Lots of great stories...

Charles

Not to much to mine, back in my wild long haired Heavy Metal Hero Days, my family use to call me Wicked Wilson Pickett just to bust my stones, well it stuck, Over the years it got shorted to just Wilson.
Ron

Got my nickname when I was about 13 from a friend's dad when I was introduced to him. He asked me what my last name was, and to that he said " Seabrook ....... Squeezebrook .... Squeezy " ... and it stuck for a few years, then forgotten for over 25 years until I walked into a bar an old friend owned.
Soon as he seen me, he said "Squeezy how ya doin' ?" and introduced me to his staff and friends as Squeezy not Paul. Got use to the name all over again ....

Great idea for a thread!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokinMountainMan- Pretty self explanatory but I had writers block when i picked it. does anyone else have a wife that shakes her head in disgust at how into this "Hobby" you get. I am still a couple weeks from my first smoke and it occupies most of my waking moments. LOL
SMM

Mine is kind of a trade nickname being a lineman and all the bars we've been thrown out of...my other nic is Linetrash

I could not be happier with how this thread has grown. My own curiosity seems to be shared by all.
There are so many interesting stories. A few of the names I thought I had figured out.......but boy was I wrong.

Thanks for making this such a great thread.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

heheh.......yeah deermeat........i don't walk OR hike if i can help it...........crap........its bad enuff i have to get up and go CLEAR over to the fridge.......man thats exhausting

rolleyes.gif

d8de

Great thread....at work we were asked to come up with a gag people would remember when we served them at our meat case ...so I got to thinkin....I cut out and painted 2 wooden t-bone steaks , painted them and hot glued them to a table top habatchi grill , bolted the grill to the top of a black hockey helmet and painted the name T-bone Tim on the front and walla T-bone the meat man was born ....I work for a large grocery chain here, had the president of the company visit one day thought it was great , wanted a pic
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif
....conveniently I forgot to send him one
wink.gif

No real story here. I live and work in Raleigh NC but most of my weekends, vacations and holidays are spent down at Topsail. I've been using Topsail Girl for going on 12 years now. Same as alot of people, I'm topsailgirl @ whatever. com

This year my hubby and I haven't spent quite as much time down at the beach because we're trying to finish restoring a 1966 Chevelle Super Sport. We did a frame off resto and we've been putting it back together for a couple of years. This year we decided to really make the effort to get it done. One day I'll have pics for ya'll.

Great thread/sticky by the way. Some waaay cool imaginations here
icon_lol.gif

Nothing to imaganitive here. Coached Ice Hockey here in Erie, Pa. for 12 years. Age levels from 6 up to 18, house league & travel both.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky