Hickory Fired Sirloin Roast On The Santa Maria: WOW!! (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang Robert, and I thought i was "on vacation"...

Looks like some mighty good grub and a relaxing time for sure!

Wow, congrats on the ride Robert! Great to see one of your cooks up in the bright lights again, always amongst the best with your creativity and talent, well done! RAY

Robert, OMG! This is incredible. Everything looks perfectly made, and very professional. Lots of attention to detail. The Roll ups are a great idea.
Looks like a great time was had by all.
Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Robert, I'll bring the cute little redhead/now blonde hahahaha, she makes the bikini look mighty sweet.
Your meals look damn good, that beef company should be sending you free meat with all the free advertisement that you give them. I still have not tried any, it's most likely too rich for my blood, oh well maybe in my next life.:emoji_joy:

Congrats on the carousel ride and deservingly so. Those mushrooms over the steak and those potatoes are just tasty looking as all hell.

All Looks Awesome, Robert !!
Glad to see you're enjoying "Dried Beef Roll-ups" !!
Nice Job as always!!
Like.

Bear

Where to start? Just an amazing meal all the way around! Those roll ups look amazing, especially on a hot day. Beef cooked perfectly and with the added mushrooms...oh my. But as you know...you had me at gravy! Then topped with cheese, just awesome!

Thanks very much Ryan. We all loved the roll ups but I think you nailed it a few months back when you said that gravy should be a food group in and of itself. That's just so true!!

Fantastic looking meal Robert, looks like a nice time ya'll had.

Appreciate the kind words Jim. Was a nice time. relaxing, no pressure, no pretensions, and just a few good folks hanging out trying to make the best of the scorching heat.

Looks great . My late Father in law used to say " Must be good , nobodies talking "

Your late FIL was apparently a very wise man. Truer words have never been spoken

Robert

Beautiful meal Robert. I really need to add a Santa Maria at some point. The beef is spot on and man the caprese salads are beautiful. So many ways to plate them. It’s amazing to me how much basil two plants will put off.

Appreciate it Jeff. The Santa Maria is a blast to cook on. You need to be on your game to get that thing to work for you. Temps are always different, not much way to regulate temps except to watch what's going on and adjust the grate level, and a few more fun things.The end product is well worth the attention required though. Love those Caparese salads. If we could get big tomatoes of good quality more often I'd make those almost daily. The neighbor brought those and used tomatoes grown in their garden

Dang Robert, and I thought i was "on vacation"...

Looks like some mighty good grub and a relaxing time for sure!

You are on vacation sir :emoji_laughing: That's why you should be letting somebody else cook for you. This particular day, our friends were on vacation and I did the cooking. Thank you for the kind words.

Robert

Wow, congrats on the ride Robert! Great to see one of your cooks up in the bright lights again, always amongst the best with your creativity and talent, well done!

Truly appreciate the accolades Ray. Yes, it's been a while since I've seen mt name in lights but I had my heyday not too long ago. Let some of the other folks get their time.

Robert, OMG! This is incredible. Everything looks perfectly made, and very professional. Lots of attention to detail. The Roll ups are a great idea.
Looks like a great time was had by all.
Thanks for sharing.

Wow Mike. I don't know what to say but thank you. Very kind words and they are very much appreciated.

I wish we were your new neighbors lol. Like!

Well Eddie, it just so happens that Texas is a pretty big place. There's lots of room so come on down!! I just hope you don't have an aversion to warm weather :emoji_wink:

Robert

Robert, I'll bring the cute little redhead/now blonde hahahaha, she makes the bikini look mighty sweet.
Your meals look damn good, that beef company should be sending you free meat with all the free advertisement that you give them.

Sounds good to me!! You bring that blonde redhead and i'll throw all the CPB on the grill or smoker that you could possibly eat :emoji_wink: I'm not gonna go so far as t say they give me free meat, but the good relationship we have is reciprocal. They take good care of me, and I take good care of them via a credit card with a large available line of credit.

Awe inspiring. Any more houses for sale near you?

Matter of fact, the developer has a couple specs on the ground. Worst case, just buy the land and we can build you a house. Nothing to it.

Congrats on the carousel ride and deservingly so. Those mushrooms over the steak and those potatoes are just tasty looking as all hell.

Thank you Joe. All of the flavors came together really well and made a nicely balanced meal. Another thing about going minimalist: less things to try coordinating flavors with :emoji_wink:

Robert

I really like the wide sear marks you get with that grate on your SM setup. Is that grate made of 1/2" angle iron? It looks really great as always Robert.

Appreciate it Jeff. The Santa Maria is a blast to cook on. You need to be on your game to get that thing to work for you. Temps are always different, not much way to regulate temps except to watch what's going on and adjust the grate level, and a few more fun things.The end product is well worth the attention required though. Love those Caparese salads. If we could get big tomatoes of good quality more often I'd make those almost daily. The neighbor brought those and used tomatoes grown in their garden

You are on vacation sir :emoji_laughing: That's why you should be letting somebody else cook for you. This particular day, our friends were on vacation and I did the cooking. Thank you for the kind words.

Robert
I’ve got two basil plants supplying enough for the entire street and 27 tomato plants getting ready to start ripening. There will be a lot of caprese in my future. I should have planted some fresh mozzarella plants LOL

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Matter of fact, the developer has a couple specs on the ground. Worst case, just buy the land and we can build you a house. Nothing to it.

Tempting thought. I have a nephew in the hill country, and another over in Midland, and I've enjoyed all the time I've spent in Texas.

All I can add is, nice spread for the new neighbors. I imagine they were impressed with the selection and quality of the food...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky