Hickory Fired Sirloin Roast On The Santa Maria: WOW!! (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All Looks Awesome, Robert !!
Glad to see you're enjoying "Dried Beef Roll-ups" !!

Thanks so much Bear!! You know that it's your dried beef I make and I shared the heart warming story the first time I made it. Ironically it had the exact same positive impact on our neighbor lady friend when I shared a couple packs with her. She came over last Sunday and made sausage for the first time ever and this weekend she wants to make a huge batch of dried beef to share with her family when they come to visit next month. Your legacy continues!!

Going going gone....outta the park!

Another great job buddy.

Very much appreciate it my friend. At the very least it was an in-house double :emoji_wink:

Dang Robert, you have a heck of a setup there!
And as always the food looks first class!

Thanks so much Al. The accolades mean a lot.

Robert

You have some mighty lucky neighbors. Looks like you did pretty great. Thanks for the Q-view.

We lucked out in getting good neighbors. As much as we love to entertain this has been a rough Summer so we are making due the best we can with folks we trust. Thanks so much for the kind words.

I really like the wide sear marks you get with that grate on your SM setup. Is that grate made of 1/2" angle iron? It looks really great as always Robert.

Appreciate the accolades. Yes, it is 1/2" angle iron they used to fabricate the grates. If yoiu'd like a close up pic just say so and I'll pop one out real quick for you.

Tempting thought. I have a nephew in the hill country, and another over in Midland, and I've enjoyed all the time I've spent in Texas.

SWEET!! Come on down!! We are in the Hill Country just northwest of Austin. Kind of the eastern edge, what's called "The Gateway To The Hill Country". Midland is a whole 'nother story though :emoji_wink:

Robert

Certainly a thing of beauty Robert, and congrats on the carousel ride.

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes on the ride. Was nice to see this one on the carousel.

All I can add is, nice spread for the new neighbors. I imagine they were impressed with the selection and quality of the food...JJ

Appreciate it Jimmy. Been kinda fun befriending them. She's a great cook and they are super nice folks. We've had several good meals together and I can see a lot more in our future.

Robert

Thanks so much Bear!! You know that it's your dried beef I make and I shared the heart warming story the first time I made it. Ironically it had the exact same positive impact on our neighbor lady friend when I shared a couple packs with her. She came over last Sunday and made sausage for the first time ever and this weekend she wants to make a huge batch of dried beef to share with her family when they come to visit next month. Your legacy continues!!

Robert

That's Great Robert!!
I was eating a lot of Dried Beef all of my life.
I graduated with Bill Knauss, who was the third Generation owner of "Knauss' Dried Beef".
Knauss' Dried Beef was the Largest processor of Dried Beef on the East Coast (maybe the Nation).
And his wife was My Brother's Wife's Sister, so I go a lot of Perks for a lot of years, especially as Christmas Gifts. And we always had a lot of "Dried Beef Roll-Ups" at our Family Shindigs:
Dried Beef Roll-ups

Bear

Last edited:
If it's not to late Robert, can you overnight my plate(minus the mushrooms). Excellent job - both as a host and a chef.
Point for sure
Chris

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky