Help I got taken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Coach JoeQB

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 21, 2023
So I bought a Char Broil Electric Smoker off FB Market place. Looks brand new clean ready to go. Set up to do Sausages and no heat. Now what?

Joe

Reactions: JLeonard
Joe, don't remember where you're from... what's the temp where the smoker is? If it's too cold they won't start.

Ryan

Reactions: zwiller
It's 52 here in GA. Seems like the connections are on the bottom. I have sausages in the with a pellet tube when they are done I'll check the bottom. The board seems fine but the heat elements just aren't getting hot.

Joe

I’m not familiar with these units either, but check connections to the heater and the thermostat. verify fuses and or breakers are not blow or tripped. If you have a meter, ohm the heater and verify the cuircuit is not broken. If the heater is good check the thermostat. If its bad it may not allow the heat the element to heat up. My 2 cents

Ok, so now I am trying the preheat function, the sausages are done.

They are Cheddar and jalapeno here's a pic,

Joe 20230225_131757.jpg

Ok so the heating element only works in the preheat mode. Whew, always something.

Reactions: nicefly
As suggested above , get an Ohm meter and check the element . Any chance it tripped a breaker or the GFCI after the pre heat ?

Ok. if the element is heating, the element should be ok bar a resistance check. I would be looking in the direction of the thermostat then the control board or like zwiller said. operator error.....lol

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky