Hello from Kelowna, British Columbia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inhissteps

Original poster
May 22, 2019
Hey all,
My inner carnivore got the best of me so I have now gone to the dark side.
I have a Big Chief Smoker and a new Cabelas dehydrator.
My wife is a highly trained gourmet chef but I'm a grease monkey.

This is my first attempt on making my own jerky.
I have a lot to learn so I hope by exploring this forum and talking with like-minded meatetarians my knowledge will grow.

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_202152.jpg
    IMG_20190521_202152.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20190522_082730.jpg
    IMG_20190522_082730.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: JC in GB
Food safety is my main priority.

Food safe practice and protocol. Proper cooking temps, handling, and storing.
All done in a food Safe Kitchen.
...and the 3 second rule..lol jkd

Hello from NC. FIRST SMOKER AND A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT GETTING STARTED. First can I use my pit boss pelletsmoker on an open deck with a roof? This smoker came with all kinds of warnings so now I am unsure of where I can use it!

Hello from NC. FIRST SMOKER AND A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT GETTING STARTED. First can I use my pit boss pelletsmoker on an open deck with a roof? This smoker came with all kinds of warnings so now I am unsure of where I can use it!

Welcome from Wisconsin. I would be careful about running a rig on a deck. There may be local or insurance regulations discouraging that kind of thing. If you do, be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy and don't leave it unattended. My $0.02.....

Welcome from Wisconsin. I would be careful about running a rig on a deck. There may be local or insurance regulations discouraging that kind of thing. If you do, be sure to have a fire extinguisher handy and don't leave it unattended. My $0.02.....
We have our own home but I guess I had better check my homeowners policy! Our smoker is on legs about 3 ft off the deck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky