Hello from MI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richtd00

Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
I've had a Bradley Smoker for ~4yrs . I'm in my early 50's. I mostly do pulled pork, chicken and ribs. I also like to do almonds and pretzels ( Family loves them). I tried my first brisket a few weeks back. It turned out petty good even though i had challenges with temp control. I'm looking at stepping up my BBQ game a bit. I know i have a bit of a handicap by using an Electric smoker. I also know I have a lot of room for improvement with the tools that i have. :) I look forward to reading the posts and learning from all the knowledge on this forum.

Welcome from Mississippi! Tell us more about these pretzels. Looks forward to your posts and pics.

Jim

The Auber PID controller was specifically designed as a plug and play controller for the Bradley. You will have zero problems with temp control using one. Still gotta deal with the pucks for smoke though.

Welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
I too am interest in the pretzels. Make them or Smoke them ?

The Auber PID controller was specifically designed as a plug and play controller for the Bradley. You will have zero problems with temp control using one. Still gotta deal with the pucks for smoke though.
thx, i'll take a look.

Hi Jim, i take the 'Spicy Party Pretzel' recipe, which calls for 1hr at 200F in the oven and smoke at 200F for 1:15 in the Bradley. It definitely kicks them up a notch.
Hi Jason, appears i replied to Jim in the wrong spot. :)

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Mississippi! Tell us more about these pretzels. Looks forward to your posts and pics.

Jim
Hi Jim, i take the 'Spicy Party Pretzel' recipe, which calls for 1hr at 200F in the oven and smoke at 200F for 1:15 in the Bradley. It definitely kicks them up a notch.

Reactions: JLeonard

Jim
1688417553343.png
smoke at 220 for at least 1hr. I usually go about 1:15.
Smoked 'Spicy Party Pretzels' .

Is there a thread that discuss the Auber PID controller and how to install on the old Bradley black smoker?
I was able to find the PID that you mentioned. Appears very easy to install. I just placed my order. :) thank you!!

Installed today. All seems to be working. Now I have to figure out my next cook. I feel like I got a new smoker. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky