Have you done it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ajky

StickBurners
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
KY
I thinking of changing my brinkman gourmet charcoal into a gas or electric. brinkman sales a electric kit, but not for the gourmet. Not sure why! So has anyone tried to do this? If so did it work? Thanks for your help.

I took a stainless steel brinkman (ECB) and turned it into a gas smoker using the after-burner that is advertised at Gassmoker.com. It worked very well and would maintain very accurate temperatures. It did an awesome job of smoking all meats especially turkey. I no longer have the set-up since I gave it away to a friend due to doing everything now on a UDS. But it worked very well and made smoking easier by reducing the variability of the temperature.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky