Got Robbed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hank R

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2018
Princeton BC Canada
129.jpg

If only there was some kind of tube that could bring oil down from Canada to keep gas prices reasonable.

Oil companies have a plethora of market analysis information based on each area's demographics, wealth & population to calculate how much they can raise prices in each region before they lose business. I remember reading an article on this a decade ago. If you think about it carefully, gas prices differ from neighborhood to neighborhood. Sometimes it goes up by a few cents. The cost is calculated to make it not worth your time to drive to get the cheaper gas.

Based on oil company behavior, I doubt a pipeline from Canada would affect gas prices at all. They would just lower production elsewhere. The cheaper raw oil only goes to further pad their pockets.

Oil companies have a plethora of market analysis information based on each area's demographics, wealth & population to calculate how much they can raise prices in each region before they lose business. I remember reading an article on this a decade ago. If you think about it carefully, gas prices differ from neighborhood to neighborhood. Sometimes it goes up by a few cents. The cost is calculated to make it not worth your time to drive to get the cheaper gas.

Based on oil company behavior, I doubt a pipeline from Canada would affect gas prices at all. They would just lower production elsewhere. The cheaper raw oil only goes to further pad their pockets.

That may be true, but when there was a tube coming down from Canada just a few months back, gas was a whole lot cheaper.

My Wife has only filled up 3 times in the last 6 months. I only filed up 1-2 times per month, but the last month I've been very busy working, so once a week.

I've been making it back by investing in oil stocks in January. Because we know who really takes care of the oil execs. If you can't raise prices because demand has slowed you find someone who will shutdown supply put the independent producers out of business more profit for big oil. I think we've seen this before.

My Wife has only filled up 3 times in the last 6 months. I only filed up 1-2 times per month, but the last month I've been very busy working, so once a week.

I used to fill up every week.
I got rid of my pickup 2 years ago, and Mrs Bear does the driving.
She just filled her tank up about 14 months ago.
That tube will come in real handy for the Electric cars.

Bear

Here in Alberta Canada we are paying $3.52 a gallon for reg. gas in the Vancouver BC area they are paying 4.66 per gallon reg. gas.
And I wish we still had the pipeline going to you down south even if it meant higher gas prices for us up here. I work in the Oilpatch up here it would just mean alot more people would be working and just maybe it would be steady again. Something we haven't seen since 2014.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky