Good Morning and Happy Smoking from Southern NJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinJointBBQ

Original poster
Jul 24, 2022
Morning friends. Long time forum lurker + first time poster here. Wanted to come by and say hello.

Fired up the offset about 3 am for a Sunday funday butt + brisket combo session. Feeding her peach and pecan chunks this time around. What are you guys smoking today??

Thanks for having me!
Brendon

Welcome from Nova Scotia

This is the place for Show and tell and learn

Sounds like a fun day for you.
Remember we love the view if you can.
just smokin up some sausages or little drums here today

David
Thank you, David! Will upload some pics when I pull them off! Love a good smoked link. How has the weather treated you this summer up in N.S?

We are going through a bit of a heat wave for us. Not like down south.
Last week and next few days around 28 - 36 C ( 84 - 97 F ) thank god I can jump in the lake after working in
the sun on a costumers deck and hot tub install

David

ps: a little too hot for this old dog

Reactions: TH-n-PA
Welcome from steamy Mississippi (temps around a 100 degrees with high humidity). look forward to pics and post from you!
Jim

Welcome and jump on in. Just like Jim, upper 90's with high humidity here.

This afternoon, I'm grilling some chicken thighs for supper...

We are going through a bit of a heat wave for us. Not like down south.
Last week and next few days around 28 - 36 C ( 84 - 97 F ) thank god I can jump in the lake after working in
the sun on a costumers deck and hot tub install

David

ps: a little too hot for this old dog
That is quite hot for your neck of the woods!! Fellow outdoor laborer here, it was a brutal week outside. Stay cool Dave!

Welcome from steamy Mississippi (temps around a 100 degrees with high humidity). look forward to pics and post from you!
Jim
Hey thanks Jim! I spent the last year or so in southern bama....man that bayou heat is NO JOKE!! cold beer helps though. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome and jump on in. Just like Jim, upper 90's with high humidity here.

This afternoon, I'm grilling some chicken thighs for supper...
thanks friend! sounds like the heater is cranked to 11 from coast to coast lol.

hard to beat grilled thighs! the “ribeye” of the chicken if you ask me.

Welcome!

I just threw a chunk of Prime Eye Round on for low and slow.

A663FE6C-5D64-4F65-A74B-A5948BA60035.jpeg

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome! Always great to get new perspectives and learn from them.

Not smoking today. It is fish Sunday (we are trying to eat healthier ... LOL) and will probably blacken some cobia.
thank you! Looking forward to learning and sharing here. Cobia is excellent. I take it your down somewhere florida way? My father and I used to fish for tarpon & cobia out of fort myers

Thank you!

That is an AWESOME looking cooker. Who is the builder?
It is a Grilla Grill pellet smoker

I absolutely loved the design

That is quite hot for your neck of the woods!! Fellow outdoor laborer here, it was a brutal week outside. Stay cool Dave!

Yes it is on the high side , normally get a few weeks of close to this off and on this time of summer. But as my hairs turn a little grayer I really notice it while working. Wife not too happy with me working in this heat ,
BUT the boss is a real prick :)

How do you tell a customer it is too warm and sunny to come and finish the job right now. next week I installing flooring in a whole level of a house, it will probably be nice and cool outside than lol

David

thank you! Looking forward to learning and sharing here. Cobia is excellent. I take it your down somewhere florida way? My father and I used to fish for tarpon & cobia out of fort myers

No, I am from Indiana. We have a seafood vendor that brings in fish couple times a week from the Gulf coast. Their cobia is frozen, but still good.

Reactions: SmokinJointBBQ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky