G'morning, Lets Fire It Up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn John, very nice spread…. I’d be there if not for the mileage gap! 🤣

But if I were there… this would be me…

6B9F953D-14EE-4798-96FB-F06195686C95.gif

20230402_163617.jpg

20230402_163709.jpg

20230402_163718.jpg

20230402_165124.jpg

20230402_165133.jpg

This Tater Salad is pretty good stuff.

The usual diced and boiled taters.
Bacon crumbles, can't have too much, but too little could be disheartening.
Shredded or diced cheddar cheese.
Your favorite onion diced small, as much as you want.
One to one ratio sour cream to mayo
Ranch seasoning to desired taste.
Salt to taste.
20230402_122605.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner was a success.
My wife is off for a walk with her friend and her' husband, their kids and ours are down to the creek looking for snakes, gators and beavers, and I'm left cleaning up and putting food away.

Everyone enjoyed the pulled pork.
I got compliments on both the Slaw and Waffles.

I tried something different today with the waffles, I gave them a butter bath while still hot.
I laid one side down in a quarter inch of melted butter for a few seconds to soak and then let it drain off.
LOL, people still buttered them.

A ton of leftovers for tomorrow, gonna bring some to work to share.

The RT1250 once again did a great job.
Smoke was flavor was on target, I was happy to see it producing TBS from 225° up to 300° during the eleven hour cook.
A delicious bark, a good smoke ring were savored by many, bark was at a premium so I exercised chef's privilege while pulling.

Last edited:
Have one of my wife's friends who bought a house across the street from us, they're still in the moving-in phase.
My wife invited them for dinner and volunteered me to BBQ.
Oh darn... Must I? :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got up at 0400am to finish prepping and start two butts on the smoker.
I gave them a good rub last night and then like always I wrapped them and let them sit overnight, then another generous layer of rub before going on the smoker.

View attachment 661843

And of course, just like times past, an early morning demands a good breakfast.

View attachment 661844

Yesterday I made Apple Cranberry Sweet Slaw and Cowboy Caviar with Guacamole.
And this morning I also started prepping a Bacon-n-Cheddar Potato Salad.

I'll also be making Savory Southwestern Waffles, a veggie tray with dip, and there's Sherbet for dessert.
Beautiful Chile. Nice job all around. I plan on doing pulled pork for the family next weekend for Easter. I am going to make your cilantro/lime slaw minus the cilantro because I just can’t seem to acquire the taste for it. That recipe is puke good though for a pulled pork companion.

View attachment 661901

View attachment 661902

View attachment 661903

View attachment 661904

View attachment 661905
This Tater Salad is pretty good stuff.

The usual diced and boiled taters.
Bacon crumbles, can't have too much, but too little could be disheartening.
Shredded or diced cheddar cheese.
Your favorite onion diced small, as much as you want.
One to one ratio sour cream to mayo
Ranch seasoning to desired taste.
Salt to taste.
View attachment 661908

Wow, that looks so good. Why can't we live in the Star Trek age where I could just transport over? :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_yum: 🧑‍🍳 Excellent job chef.....

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: chilerelleno
Iknew as soon as I read the opening post that it was gonna be good. I was not disappointed...as usual. No plated shot though? Curious how you used the waffles. Just pile everything on top and have at it?

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky