Bodacious Beef Ribs, No More Teasing, Time to Start Pleasing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well done! I've been wanting to do another rack of beef ribs for a while, this reminds me what I've been missing. If only I can find a good supplier, still searching.

In the meantime, I'm trying that sweet potato recipe tomorrow!

Great post!

Beautiful meal! I'd give ya two likes if I could.

I always wonder why domestic rabbits cost so much? They have got to be the easiest to process meat that there is. I used to love hunting and rabbits were the usual. I even raised some for awhile. The biggest problem with raising rabbits for meat is the fertilizer (Thats shit for the PC challenged amongst us)! LOL

Rabbit smothered in onions with milk gravy, and hot homemade biscuits, now that will get a camp up and out the door in the dark !!

Thanks,
you and me both... Yum!

IMPS #130 is 'Beef Chuck, Short Ribs'.
IMPS and NAMPS are systems for ordering certain types and cuts of meat.
By ordering using their numbers there is no room for confusion, there are so many different names for or ways to cut a piece of meat, this puts you and your butcher on the same page.
That is if your butcher is a well educated professional in his trade, most meat counter clerks are not.
But if they can and will order meat for you, this is the way to do it.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/grades-standards/imps
or you can also use NAMPS.
http://www.meatbuyersguide.com/promo/porkcuts.html

I have always found this really handy.......

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/meatcharts_photos/beef.pdf

Wow!!! Are those ribs a thing of beauty or what!! I want some of those. That's my idea of what a beef rib should look like--nice and meaty.
As for:

Too far,
on a good day it'll be an 1.5-1.75hr drive from 180/53 in Gulf Shores to Dawes Rd/Three Notch Rd in Theodore, AL.
An average day's traffic it'll be 2hrs plus.

I've often driven fsrther than that just to have coffee with an old friend, so I'd sure drive that far for ribs like those.
The avacado salad looks great too. But I'd skip the maple glaze and just grill the sweet potatos.
Definitely POINT WORTHY.
Gary

Reactions: negolien
Well done! I've been wanting to do another rack of beef ribs for a while, this reminds me what I've been missing. If only I can find a good supplier, still searching.

In the meantime, I'm trying that sweet potato recipe tomorrow!

Great post!
Thanks, yeah sourcing good beef ribs is a PITA sometimes.
I cannot find or order IMPS #123a Beef plate, short ribs locally, only the #130s.

You should like the Maple Sweet Potatoes, my family sure did.
They're very sweet though, I could have pureed these and made a dessert pie or pudding.
Nice job for sure! Looks great!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Thanks
Beautiful meal! I'd give ya two likes if I could.

I always wonder why domestic rabbits cost so much? They have got to be the easiest to process meat that there is. I used to love hunting and rabbits were the usual. I even raised some for awhile. The biggest problem with raising rabbits for meat is the fertilizer (Thats shit for the PC challenged amongst us)! LOL

Rabbit smothered in onions with milk gravy, and hot homemade biscuits, now that will get a camp up and out the door in the dark !!
Thanks Foamheart.

As for the rabbits, it's just another side of Supply and Demand economics.
This being a specialty product of low demand, high production overhead and limited distribution.

Awesome finish! Great meal! I'm going to have to try your sweet potato recipe. Look forward to seeing the rabbit tomorrow.
Thanks
Do try them
Rabbit is dry brining right now, stand by
Amazing Chili! Beautiful finish!

Mike
Thanks Mike
Wow!!! Are those ribs a thing of beauty or what!! I want some of those. That's my idea of what a beef rib should look like--nice and meaty.

Definitely POINT WORTHY.
Gary
Thanks Gary, appreciate it.
Magnificent. Like! B
Thanks B
Looks great
Thanks Mike
Excellent write up! Your food looks awesome!
Thank you

As always, this looks amazing!! I just did some beef ribs that looked just like these. Went back to restaurant depot and got another pack just like them. I know they say chuck, but I need to look at the label and see if there are any other identifiers. Also, thanks for that useful info!

WOW, entire dish looks amazing
As always, this looks amazing!! I just did some beef ribs that looked just like these. Went back to restaurant depot and got another pack just like them. I know they say chuck, but I need to look at the label and see if there are any other identifiers. Also, thanks for that useful info!
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind comments.

Mmm, tacos con costilla de res y ensalada.
Mmmmm... Lunch was good!

DbtKENC.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky