Fries that were not to be

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So what kind of seasoning do you suggest for deep fried legs! ...... Just kidding, be glad it wasnt "higher up", that would be a REALLY BAD DAY! Hope it heals up quickly for you!
lmao. I was thinking afterwards I am lucky there were no dogs around. I’m sure the Wagyu covered roast of leg would be hard to resist. Almost like wearing milk bone underwear. Hahaha

Man that is painful. Burned my hand once before I finished a cook and every time I got it near heat it felt like I burned it all over again.

So sorry to hear about the burns. You definitely did a smart thing getting your hand and leg into cool water fast. Hopefully you heal up fast. You already got it figured out how to not have that happen again?…different gloves? Different CI container with a lid? Unfortunately bad stuff happens, the key is to make sure they don’t happen again.

Man, that's a real string of bad luck dominos. And it looks painful as all get out. But like said it sure could have been worse. Hope everything heals quickly, or at least stops hurting soon.
Gary

Ouch! glad you have a pool nearby. The fries are easily replaceable.

Damn dude, that sucks... Heal quick!
Keep it clean, covered and watch close for infection

Wow man that’s terrible. Hopefully it heals quickly.

Ouch! I agree that shorts probably helped it not be as severe as it could have been.

Man that sounds awful painful! Take care of it for sure , I imagine it will take some time for pain to subside and area to heal.

Ooouuuccchhhh ! ! ! Top of foot being the most tender. Might be uncomfortable with shoes on for awhile.

So what kind of seasoning do you suggest for deep fried legs! ...... Just kidding, be glad it wasnt "higher up", that would be a REALLY BAD DAY! Hope it heals up quickly for you!

Yow! So glad it didn't turn out worse. Hope you heal quickly.

JC :emoji_cat:
Thank you all.

Reactions: JC in GB
Granted I am eldest son of a retired FD Captain but deep frying over fire? That coulda been FAR worse than that. Come over to Team Fry Daddy. Glad you are OK.

Reactions: flatbroke
Dang Bro, I bet that hurts!
We have aloe growing next to our grills, and it gets used a lot! :emoji_sunglasses:
BTW, the fries look killer.
Al

WOW!! That's going to take a minute to get over. Were you trying out for the 3 Stooges redux?:emoji_grinning: Of course I'm kidding, but DANG man, that sucks. Keep an eye out for infection and be thankful it wasn't any worse...

That sucks glad it wasn't worse and hope it heals fairly quick. Bummer you lost the fries to add insult to injury.

Cooked some fries in beef tallow again over the vortex. When I remove the pan the glove slipped on the handle burning my palm. I tried to adjust but tripped and ended up dumping the bubbling grease on my bare leg.

The fries ended up on the Lawn and my leg in to the pool. I had some ribeyes seasoned and cooked those after putting some aloe Vera plant from the yard on the grease burn’s basically my lower leg from the knee to the top of my foot. I didn’t bother to take any pics of anything else as the radiant heat from the bbq aggravated the the burn.

I still can’t figure out how the damn grease ended up on my leg. I am blessed the skin didn’t melt off. So here are the fries. Thanks for looking. View attachment 670741View attachment 670742
Terrible situation buddy, just glad it was not worse
Cooked some fries in beef tallow again over the vortex. When I remove the pan the glove slipped on the handle burning my palm. I tried to adjust but tripped and ended up dumping the bubbling grease on my bare leg.

The fries ended up on the Lawn and my leg in to the pool. I had some ribeyes seasoned and cooked those after putting some aloe Vera plant from the yard on the grease burn’s basically my lower leg from the knee to the top of my foot. I didn’t bother to take any pics of anything else as the radiant heat from the bbq aggravated the the burn.

I still can’t figure out how the damn grease ended up on my leg. I am blessed the skin didn’t melt off. So here are the fries. Thanks for looking. View attachment 670741View attachment 670742

Wanted to update you all. Seems to be healing good. Pics from monday and the second from this morning.
IMG_4333.jpeg

Silver sulfa cream seems to help process
IMG_4332.jpeg

Oof! Well, I guess if there is a silver lining to this, at least it was the fries that hit the dirt and not the ribeyes.

• Haha
I know I'm really late to the party but that is a heartbreaking story. Hope all came out well in the end.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky