Breakfast Casserole for Supper. Smoked chicken and Bacon ( crustless Quiche )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Breakfast Casserole for Supper. Smoked chicken and Bacon ( crustless Quiche )

After seeing Chris's gmc2003 gmc2003 quiche the other day , I really wanted some eggs, had left over smoked chicken and a bunch of bacon to fry.
So there it was a crustless quiche to be had.

Cooked up some hashbrowns in the oven to make crunchy, fried up the bacon, cleaned off the chicken . Squeeze the chickens for a bunch of eggs
chop the veg. cook the onions in the bacon fat and also grease the dish with the bacon grease also. Grate the cheese . throw it all together ( cheese and a little extra bacon on top ), Lots of black pepper on top, pop in oven and wait 45 minutes.

And there you have it, instant supper, lol

DSC_8969.JPG DSC_8971.JPG
DSC_8972.JPG DSC_8973.JPG

Just before that is out of the oven , fry up some corn niblets in a little bacon grease and oregano and pepper, when fried put in cherry tomatoes for a minute

DSC_8974.JPG DSC_8975.JPG DSC_8978.JPG

DSC_8976.JPG DSC_8977.JPG

Plate it up and off I go , sparks flying from my fork and knife

DSC_8979.JPG

sorry forgot my pickles,

DSC_8982.JPG

Thanks for looking , Saturdays breakfast supper, I love eggs. And this hit the spot.
Happy Sunday everyone

David

Dammit'man!
Your breakfast casserole looks really freaking good!
If I wasn't already prepped for grilling chicken for tacos tonight I switch the menu to this.

And the fried corn looks good too.
It's an item I sometimes do, but I tend to spicier twist on it and add leftover Q.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Heck yeah! Man thats a great looking plate. That would be a great Christmas morning meal. Now you got my mind spinning.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

Yes it was very good , and it would be great for christmas morning. This can be made a day ahead in put in the fridge for 24 hours.
Right out of fridge , let sit for 30 minutes than into a 374 deg. oven for approx 45 minutes , or tooth pick clean.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Quiche looks great. But the side dish is a must to try! Great job David!

Thanks Steve for the like and the comment

It was good and like you I love doing corn this way with different items. I really like doing a nice batch of Mexican street corn this way also. Topped with Cotija cheese . Now I know something else I want very soon.

David

Dammit'man!
Your breakfast casserole looks really freaking good!
If I wasn't already prepped for grilling chicken for tacos tonight I switch the menu to this.

And the fried corn looks good too.
It's an item I sometimes do, but I tend to spicier twist on it and add leftover Q.

Thanks John for the like and the comment

It was very good , i like to bake the hashbrowns in the oven to get crispy so they are not all wet on the bottom of the casserole.

tacos are also a good supper... :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

Love my corn done this way with different items in with it. But Mona's mom lives here now . So some things I don't go to hot .
But when I know they are eating something else ....... FIRE in the hole and I'm off.🥵🥵

David

Boy David you just put my quiche to shame. That is one fantastic looking plate.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky