Vortex burgers, onions, shrooms and fries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Wife seasoned and formed some Patties earlier in the day. I sliced an onion added a few spoons of wagyu tallow, sliced mushrooms and 2 portobello caps to a pan and set over the vortex when the coals were ready.
IMG_4052.jpeg

I also added a couple spoons of tallow to the CI pan then dumped a bag of frozen fries then on to the weber

Let them run their course
IMG_4057.jpeg

Then added the burgers
IMG_4062.jpeg

Once the burgers were close to done I added some tillamook topped brioche buns
IMG_4063.jpeg

Made my burger with onions avacado then lettuce. Next the burger then topped with a portobello cap more onions and drizzled with kinders burger sauce.
IMG_4064.jpeg
IMG_4065.jpeg

Man they were good
I had potato salad but never ate any of it or the fries as I was stuffed.
IMG_4066.jpeg
IMG_4069.jpeg
IMG_4070.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a good looking burger ! But would have had to make a little room for fries and tater salad!

Ryan

Reactions: flatbroke
Tasty looking burger!!! Nice meal.
I can't eat a whole burger anymore. Wife an I usually split one.
To be honest, I should have done that, I was full.

Reactions: 02ebz06
That is one fine looking burger, but I would have cut it in two & had the fries & tater salad too! Half for Judy & half for me!
Nicely done!
Al
Next time I will definitely do this. The wife loved the fries cooked like this. I kind of messed up adding too many to the pan at once as some broke during the flip etc. If i had added half of what was in there it would have been perfect. I will definitely do fries like this again. the tallow made them crips and crunchy but soft in center.

Reactions: smokin peachey
Good looking burger FB. I'll pass on the shroom, but double up on the onion.

I had potato salad but never ate any of it or the fries as I was stuffed.
One good Plop, plop, wiz, wiz and I'd be ready for round two!!!

Chris

Fries on the Weber, that's a new one for me. Nice work. It would have hurt, but I'd eat some of those fries after that big burger!

• Haha
Looks good. We had burgers last night too. Burgers are still my favorite food.

I usually start on the fries before the sandwich. Then I cut the burger in half. On occasion, if I'm full of fries or beer I'll skip the bun on the second half of the burger.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky