First time wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

The Butt Man

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 18, 2018
South Alabama
Here are the wings I attempted this evening. I love buffalo sauce wings but my family doesn’t. So I went with a lemon pepper flavor instead.
I found a bottle of Lowery’s lemon pepper marinade in the refrigerator so I let them soak in that for a few hours. I put them on the smoker with a rack of ribs I had going.
B19B8526-9731-4AEC-AEC0-824F00D468C1.jpeg
I let them cook for a hour and a half at 230 degrees. Then I tossed in a mixture of melted butter, lemon juice, garlic salt, and some of the marinade that I used.
ED24B339-A91D-4F9D-A082-36701BB3D126.jpeg
Then I put them on a hot grill for a couple minutes on each side. I also brushed on some of the sauce.
00403D17-BB79-4EF9-A2F0-7680FB6ED566.jpeg
These made a nice addition with the ribs.
D4C9E737-FECF-47D3-B1DC-B8EB18DA4E2F.jpeg
Thanks for looking.

Those look great. It's always nice to mix it up a little. You don't want to get bored with the same flavor profile time after time.

Point for sure.

Chris

They look great.

Here's a suggestion for you that might be a happy medium for you and the family. In Dallas last year I ate at a place that had Lemon Pepper buffalo wings, and I said what the heck I'll bite. OMG!! it took wings to a whole new level for me. They are basically just Lemon Pepper wings, tossed in buffalo sauce at the end. The two flavors play off each other unbelievably well, you get a buffalo wing with some of that bright lemon bite on the backend. So next time you got to make lemon pepper wings for the family, toss a few in some warm buffalo sauce for yourself and give it a try.

They look great.

Here's a suggestion for you that might be a happy medium for you and the family. In Dallas last year I ate at a place that had Lemon Pepper buffalo wings, and I said what the heck I'll bite. OMG!! it took wings to a whole new level for me. They are basically just Lemon Pepper wings, tossed in buffalo sauce at the end. The two flavors play off each other unbelievably well, you get a buffalo wing with some of that bright lemon bite on the backend. So next time you got to make lemon pepper wings for the family, toss a few in some warm buffalo sauce for yourself and give it a try.
That sounds like a good idea. I will have to try that in the future. Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky