First Fatty of 2019

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

x0xsaywhutx0x

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 28, 2014
Blasdell, NY
Since I'm on vacation this week from work and finally got some good weather, I figured I'd take advantage and cook me up a Fatty. Plus it was my birthday this past weekend and what better way to cure a hangover then a delicious Fatty!

Figured I'd do my signature Fatty that everyone seems to love with a few minor changes. I typically stuff it with pepper jack cheese, poblanos, onions, garlic, and chorizo. The two changes I made was I mixed in some chorizo in with my ground beef and instead of using my regular bacon, I went with a different brand that was maple flavored (which I didnt realize only had 10 pieces of bacon instead of the usual 12, so my bacon weave doesn't look as neat as it usually does. Turned out great, though I think the extra addition of chorizo with the ground beef and maybe the different brand of bacon caused it to be more greasy than normal.

First fatty 2019.JPG
First fatty 2019 number 2.JPG
First fatty of 2019 number 3.JPG
first fatty 2019 number 4.JPG

Looks like a fine example of a fatty to me.

Point for sure
Chris

Nothing looks wrong with that fatty. I’d eat a good bit of that. Happy birthday. Getting that time of year to be hanging out outside with the smoker running.

Thanks everyone! Since I've been on a homemade pizza binge during winter (I almost have the dough tossing down perfectly!), I think the next one I do will be a pizza fatty as long as the weather holds up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky