Homemade Spicy Pork Chorizo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Homemade Spicy Chorizo Tacos

I love a good Chorizo, and I like it meaty, spicy and fresh.
I'll take it plain, but prefer it garnished with cebolla, cilantro, salsa verde and a squeeze of limon.
It's superb with papas and/or huevos, or added to many other dishes.

Spicy Chorizo

3lbs Ground pork
6T White Vinegar
5T Hot Paprika
2T each Arbol, Guajillo and Ancho chile powders
2T Granulated garlic
2t each fine salt, black pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander and ground Mexican oregano
1t each cinnamon and ground clove

Mix spices together in a medium sized bowl, place pork into a large mixing bowl, spread spices and pour vinegar over the meat.
Mix very thoroughly for even incorporation into the meat.
Can be cooked immediately, better when stored in an airtight container for 12-24 hours.
Use within three days or freeze.

20240210_132012.jpg

Fvv4fwB.jpg

I like to fry it till it has lots of crunchy edges.

Saug2fK.jpg

Finished!
Fresh corn tortillas lightly fried, some re-fried beans and garnished with a squeeze of lime, chopped onion and cilantro.

1fDuMt1.jpg

QgQuow5.jpg

Last edited:
I double the Oh man that looks good. And I am trying to ignore the growling of my belly .
Hate you , no leftovers of anything in the fridge , so toast and PB is all I can gather up right now.

nd I will be dreaming of your tasty treats above.
I will have to make my Smoked Chorizo Verse sausages again soon , I love the vinegar tang in them

and a squeeze of cal.
???? can't figure out what you mean here , I know I'm going to say of coarse what else could it be . lol

David

Reactions: chilerelleno
Chorizo and eggs is a favorite brekky of mine but I know I'd sure love a couple of those tacos any time! Nice work John! RAY

Awesome chili I love chorizo surprised you didn't stuff it. Use to find chorizo sausage in local stores but not anymore, they have gone more to andouille. But this for sure is on my bucket list

Warren

Oh man that looks good. 🤤
Thanks!
I double the Oh man that looks good. And I am trying to ignore the growling of my belly .
Hate you , no leftovers of anything in the fridge , so toast and PB is all I can gather up right now.

nd I will be dreaming of your tasty treats above.
I will have to make my Smoked Chorizo Verse sausages again soon , I love the vinegar tang in them

???? can't figure out what you mean here , I know I'm going to say of coarse what else could it be . lol

David
Thank you David!
Don't know why I used 'cal', meant to use' Limon'.
Bring the Chorizo verde on bro.
Chorizo and eggs is a favorite brekky of mine but I know I'd sure love a couple of those tacos any time! Nice work John! RAY
Appreciate it Ray!
Chorizo is a long time favorite of mine too.
Nice! Will be doing soon. Thanks John.
No, thank you Brian!
Looks great . I do all pork with a mix from AC Leggs . I need to mix some up from scratch .
Thanks Chop!
This was my first time making my own spice blend, it cam out pretty good.
Normally I add packaged chorizo to pork sausage to bulk it up and make it meaty.
Then I add spices to liven it up.
Ándale Pues!
Hell yeah, don't ya know it! Mmmm chorizo!
And I put a pound and a half in the freezer for later.
Man that looks good.

Jim
Thanks Jim!
It was better than store bought.
Awesome chili I love chorizo surprised you didn't stuff it. Use to find chorizo sausage in local stores but not anymore, they have gone more to andouille. But this for sure is on my bucket list

Warren
Thank you Warren!
I sometimes buy linked chorizo, though it's mostly kind of mediocre.
No stuffer so no stuffing my own sausages.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky