Ever had a craving you HAD to satisfy?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Had one today ,
2 Masa Harina pancakes , homemade chili , cheese , and an over easy egg .
Taste like a tamale .
20240110_074755.jpg
20240110_074933.jpg

I had a craving tonight and it was definitely crankybuzzard crankybuzzard fault.
Craving satisfied!

What a creation
If you don't have Masa Harina in your pantry , you should change that . I mostly use it to make tortillas , but it makes a great addition / thickener to chilli , and the pancakes and waffles are insanely good .

On the way home from work this morning I, for some reason, started thinking about making some all beef chorizo. NO CLUE why I thought about this, but by the time my hour drive home was complete, I had decided that I not only needed to make it, I needed to eat it asap!

So, I came into the house, tossed together a chorizo spice, added it to a pound of ground chuck, mixed and let it rest while I chopped and diced some onions and potatoes. After everything was cooked and mixed together, I added a few farm fresh eggs that the bride's chickens donated.

Over an hour later, I put the very ugly mixture on some flour tortillas and was satisfied. No real reason for this post, just wondering if I'm the only weird one here that does stuff like this...
Cranky I know you have been MIA for awhile but did you actually ask if there are other weird people on here. You haven't been gone so long as to have forgotten this place is full of weirdos :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: crankybuzzard
I was scheduled to smoke some pork chops saturday on the pellet junker. she asked me to grab something else to add to the junker while at the grocery store. Boom a chub of bologna it is. Two of our guest had never heard of it and now wont stop asking about it. I love that stuff!!!

If you don't have Masa Harina in your pantry , you should change that . I mostly use it to make tortillas , but it makes a great addition / thickener to chilli , and the pancakes and waffles are insanely good .
I knew of it being used in chilli but knew nothing more about it. Thanks Chop

Reactions: chopsaw
Cranky I know you have been MIA for awhile but did you actually ask if there are other weird people on here. You haven't been gone so long as to have forgotten this place is full of weirdos :emoji_laughing:
You do indeed have a point. I missed all of the reprobates here. :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky