Finally ordered my AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

2165 turbo rail

Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Carrollton, TX
I was being cheap so I hadn't ordered it yet, but now that I'm out of wood chunks I decided now was a good time :)

I remembered a discount code for $10 off but that didn't work and I remember seeing something about free shipping but couldn't find that thread SOOOOOO   I decided to stop being cheap and just pay for it and assume it is really as great as ya'll say :)

by the way this is going in my MES40 

You won't regret it! Best investment other than your smoker! 10+ hours without having to tend it....priceless!!!!

Yup you are on your way to some great smokes. Todd's specials have expired. 

You're gonna love it , and even though Todd's specfial is over ,his customer service is , well the way the whole country's business should be...
biggrin.gif

Have fun with it and ...

Got mine last week!  I just gutted an old, dead MES30 which will now become my cold smoker.
biggrin.gif
   Not sure what to do first.... any suggestions?

Also, where is a good place to get the pink curing salt needed on the cheap.  Is there any stuff that is nitrate free out there?

Thanks!

I know it sounds like a broken record by now, but Todd is the guy to buy from!  After one transaction with him I'm never looking elsewhere for pellet supplies.

Ordered Thursday night at 8:30 and it was on my door step Monday

Tonight I did the suggested burn off and tomorrow it's testing time :)

I have never used oak. Is this ok for ribs and brisket?

If you need a smoke generator, you can't beat the product and customer support that AMAZN provides.  I sent in an order on Tuesday (I think) and told Todd I had a pork butt coming out of cure the week of November 5th.  It is Thursday evening and it arrived today, including a sample of Pitmasters Choice pellets.  Not only does he have a good product, but he provides something that has been too easily forgotten these days:  CUSTOMER SUPPORT.  I'm tipping one or two to you this afternoon, Todd.  Thanks!

cheers.gif

Last edited:
I agree... I used mine the earlier this week and the first time I messed up.... somehow I lit the first and second row so I had a TON of smoke for a while.. I noticed it so I pulled it out and started over..

I'm doing another brisket today and decided I wanted to use Apple and couldn't find pellets locally so I just got wood chips and didn't use the AMNPS at all this time.

I guess I need to order some pellets from him so they are here next time I get ready to smoke something

I agree... I used mine the earlier this week and the first time I messed up.... somehow I lit the first and second row so I had a TON of smoke for a while.. I noticed it so I pulled it out and started over..

I'm doing another brisket today and decided I wanted to use Apple and couldn't find pellets locally so I just got wood chips and didn't use the AMNPS at all this time.

I guess I need to order some pellets from him so they are here next time I get ready to smoke something

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky