CALLING ALL ENABLERS... Here's your chance !!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
To scratch that enablers itch...

So I was slicing up a spatchcocked turkey tonight with our electric knife... well it kept cutting in and out and I was getting more and more pissed as it was messing up my "unprofessional" slicing job...

So that's what i'm in the market for... A new electric knife... Not a cheap one but not the most expensive one ether... somewhere in the middle of the road....

TIA...

Edited to say... It must have a case with it for storage...

Last edited:
The only thing I use an electric knife for is filleting fish. That being said, the one I use has proven very durable and I have no complaints. I really give them a workout and they usually last me a couple of years. Cheap enough and sturdy enough for my use and I beat them up...

Edit to add that I remove the fillets with the rib bones as one piece, so I'm cutting through the bones. I then go back and cut the rib bones out with a regular knife.

The only thing I use an electric knife for is filleting fish. That being said, the one I use has proven very durable and I have no complaints. I really give them a workout and they usually last me a couple of years. Cheap enough and sturdy enough for my use and I beat them up...

Edit to add that I remove the fillets with the rib bones as one piece, so I'm cutting through the bones. I then go back and cut the rib bones out with a regular knife.
Bet that doesn't taste like chicken when you're done! :emoji_blush:
Sorry, can't be of any enabling help!

Ryan

Dang! I'm a failure! Can't offer you any enabling powers here. I had one electric knife years ago. Don't recall the brand. But it did ok for ham and birds.
Holy crap! The chief enabler has been stumped... I hope the powers that be here make note of this so it can celebrated far and wide! :emoji_sunglasses: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Jim

I have an old Sunbeam twin blade . Got it as a wedding gift in '89 . Doesn't get a ton of use , but always does a great job .
Looks like they still make it , so maybe that's a good sign .

To scratch that enablers itch...

So I was slicing up a spatchcocked turkey tonight with our electric knife... well it kept cutting in and out and I was getting more and more pissed as it was messing up my "unprofessional" slicing job...

So that's what i'm in the market for... A new electric knife... Not a cheap one but not the most expensive one ether... somewhere in the middle of the road....

TIA...

Edited to say... It must have a case with it for storage...
no a lot of help but have had a couple over the years. one was 20 years old and the blades wouldn't stay in. bought a hamilton beach on amazon. only use it or turkey and occaisional rib roast. Works fine for me. it was definitely a budget knife. I don't know how it would hold up under constnt use. it is sharp though.

Reactions: JLeonard
I have an old Sunbeam twin blade . Got it as a wedding gift in '89 . Doesn't get a ton of use , but always does a great job .
Looks like they still make it , so maybe that's a good sign .
The one we have is a wedding present in 88. Don't get much use anymore but it's still kickin.

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks for the reply's y'all... Looked at them all...

John ( fxsales1959 fxsales1959 ) ... That's the one I have now.. Had it for MANY of years.... No problems until now...

normanaj normanaj ... The ATK site is a pay site... but thanks for sending...

Still looking...

... The ATK site is a pay site... but thanks for sending...
I bought that same B&D on Amazon years ago when I first saw it on the show.

Just accessed that link from my phone and it's pay to see but on my laptop I can access the whole site.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky