Favorite widely available bourbon or whiskey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tin Cup is excellent,
Buffalo Trace ( Older than the US).
Bulleit has been a standard over the holidays.

I have to put a plug in for a bottle of Templeton Rye. It was Al Capone favorite, they found the recipe after it’d been lost a while ago and we’re doing small batch, went national a few years back.I love the flavor!
View attachment 522110
This was originally made in the small town of Templeton, Iowa about 65 miles North of me. When demand overrode their production capacity they sold out to a distiller in Ill. Got into trouble as the label still said Made in Iowa. Got that ironed out and went national with the product. Mighty good sipping rye, but expensive. Last I looked it was over $40 a pint.
Guess I will stay with Canadian Reserve for a whisky sour.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I love bourbon but unfortunately I like the pricey stuff.
Old Forester 1910 and 1920.
Old Ezra #7
Penelope The Architect
Bakers 7
Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (great in an old fashioned)
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Bookers

No one in my area had Old Forester Rye in stock for months, unless I wanted to pay a premium. I don't reward such behavior. TW's website said they'd have it in stock in Nov, then Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, and finally they stopped saying when. I checked their website once a week, and yesterday, they had it: 1L for $29. Picked up a bottle today, but I'm a driver for my wife tonight so no tippy sippy until tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: chieffan
Highland park is a good scotch that I get as you can see it's empty lol
20240217_090741.jpg

Initial thoughts on OF Rye. 1st sip. Meh. 2nd sip. Hmmm. 3rd sip. Oh, I like this! People talk about green apple and banana flavors, and that's what I expected to taste. Nope, didn't get either of those. By the third sip, I was tasting the Christmas cake spices I love in a less-sweet rye whiskey. The OF Rye nailed it for me.

Ive started to really enjoy Breckenridge Bourbon. Obviously made here in CO. If you can get it, ty it. Mid price range, very tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky