Favorite Military/War Movies?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i haven't looked through the list yet, but i will say kelly's heroes is probably among my favorites.

we were soldiers could run as a close second with blackhawk down coming in tied for third along with the "band of brothers" complete saga.

I'll have to echo all of those who said Apocalypse Now and Band of Brothers. I liked BOB so much I bought the Blu-Ray and gave my dad the DVD.

I'd also like to add an unlikely pair that both deal with revolutions:
The Wild Geese and The Gods Must Be Crazy.

Thinking of smoked meat and war movies...PORK CHOP HILL!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

As if war could ever be "funny" my choices are
Catch 22 (Alan Arkin is great!)
What did you do in the war daddy? (**** Shawn's 3nd best performance after Mad, mad,mad,mad world & The Producers"
Dr. Strangelove ( "We'll have no fighting in the war room!")

I AM REMOVING MY POST, I REFUSE TO BE EDITED! EITHER DELETE MY POST, MOVE THE POST, or QUE the post until I have been notified of a violation and the necessity to edit a post to conform to standards..

The Thread on Movies and my reply is in the General Discussion forum, to the best of my knowledge I have yet to see a rule that outlines acceptable speech in the General Discussion forum. We all have expressed things that were important to us that goes beyond the scope of meat.

Back on Topic,
I guess I'm an "Old Movie buff".
If I have to pick one, it would have to be "Sgt York".

I think "Chainsaw" is the only other one to pick that one.

Bearcarver

Midway - My favorite by far.
The longest Day
A bridge too far
Deer hunter
Dr Zhivago
TV Program Generals
Alien
Star Wars
The Wedding film of my first marriage ( Depicts the opening skermish )
Bridges at Toko Ri
The rabbit fence ( Australian - not combat but a war never the less.)
Last of the Moheicans
The Patriot
The battle of Lete Sound ( The charge of tappi 3 )
Enemy at the Gates
Tora Tora Tora
Red Dawn
Run Silent Run deep
Caine Muteny
Zulu Dawn

LOL----Every Memorial Day weekend. My favorite TV day. I might not be there, but my Direct TV Recorder is on the job!

I think Gary Cooper won his first Oscar in that role. A true story as well. Also agree about politics-not necessarily disagree with the point of view, but there are plenty of blogs devoted to that. We be here to share smokin' secrets!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Maybe the gobbling York did was stretched a might, like most movies, but I still loved the movie----Think I saw it about 6 times.
It is my favorite war movie, but my favorite All-Time Movie is still----------------- "JIM THORPE, All American".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky