My burger Brawl Entry - Hickory smoked Wagu beef and Lamb burger on a brioche bun.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I thought I would post this for anyone interested in trying it out. I saw the throw down and thought it would be fun to participate. I went off the beaten path for this one combining different tastes into something I thought would really work. It turned out I was right. They were so good I will make them again.

wagyu_lamb_burger_001.jpg

It was an American and Korean combo. I started with a pound of ground Wagyu beef and a pound of ground lamb. I added finely chopped jalapeno peppers ( the red ones are more ripened and sweeter than the typical green ones you find in most stores) cilantro, Panko, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

The jalapeno poppers also use the red peppers hollowed out with cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese and bacon bits. They were placed in the smoker with hickory pellets.

wagyu_lamb_burger_002.jpg

I placed the poppers in the smoker after the burgers so they finished about the same time.

wagyu_lamb_burger_003.jpg

The poppers turned out great.

wagyu_lamb_burger_004.jpg

As well as the burgers.

wagyu_lamb_burger_005.jpg

I mixed Gochujang with ketchup and honey to make a perfect sauce. I also used pickled radish instead of pickles. This has a slightly different taste but is quite good. That is the Korean influence. I was going to use Swiss cheese but found that the goat cheese (feta) went better for this meal.

wagyu_lamb_burger_006.jpg

Oops! I had to photoshop out my username since I did not know submissions were anonymous. Not so anymore.

I hope this can inspire you to get creative with your cooks and not just sit there cooking the same old stuff thinking you cant make what I make any better.

That’s a great looking burger, and now that the results are in and the winners were announced, you had my vote on this one. As much as I love a classic burger, I really enjoy trying new and wild combos when having burgers…bonus points for being able to eat it normally without having to unhinge your jaw or eat it with a fork and knife.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
That is one good looking burger.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW. David is correct. Please refrain from posting your burger build threads until the TD winners have been officially announced. The judges can come from anywhere in the world and it's imperative that all voting is done blind to ensure fairness in the judging.

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky