Ever Use Freecycle?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davenh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 16, 2008
Hudson, NH.
I was wondering if anyone else uses Freecycle to get rid of things they don't want. Its actually a pretty cool way of recycling, post stuff you don't want anymore and are willing to give away free. In most cases, someone will want it and will take it off your hands. I'm always listing something I want gone. Great tool when cleaning out the basement
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Yesterday I was going to toss an old Rhododendron in the woods and figured hey someone might want it. Put it up on the board and got 5 people wanting it, someone picked it up the same day. I had old rotting bales of hay sitting in the yard, someone wanted them. I've had people take old appliances, old furniture and other stuff I'd normally put in the trash.

I like the idea that some can get some use out of something I was going to toss out.
icon_smile.gif

Check it out, available in most areas. Its part of Yahoo Groups.

http://www.freecycle.org/group/US/?noautodetect=1

I posted a wanted ad for a smoker, but I was turned away since I hadn't given anything away yet. Hmmm, where did the wife put that new purse?

gaaaaads, my wife and kids think its a game..I have layed the law down..don't trade my stuff off..people were supposed to come by today to pick kids clothes up..hope the kids were in them ..

I got $5000.00 set of furniture from a med student who's father furnished her whole condo when she got into a Med university in Norther Jersey. She transferred to a Med school in Pihiladelphia and didn't want to be bothered with moving it.

I also got 400 Ft of brand new 5' Chain link fencing on their, 2 Snowthrowers that just needed a tune up and a couple of lawnmowers that agin only need plugs and fuel line.

I love freecycle.

Mike

tried to join.......in fact did........but i have to join Yahoo i guess, to see my local area's listings...........so, looks like not for me........not a fan of Yahoo AT all

Ya..it is a Yahoo thing. I use Yahoo just for this, create an email account and join a group.

Our town no longer picks up most stuff at the curb, if it doesn't fit in their assigned trash bin they don't take it. Finding people who want some of things we want to toss really helps us out.
icon_smile.gif

I had a broken satellite dish and needed a part, put up a post and got a complete satellite dish delivered by a Dishnet guy who had a couple old ones laying around.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

It just bugs me a little to trash something like an old desk, chair, appliance, etc. that someone else could use. Amazes me every time someone is so happy to take something that I think nobody would want.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

I LOVE freecycle. Never thought about looking for a smoker on there, though... Maybe not a bad idea to scour the boards and see what I can find. I've given away tons of stuff on there, in fact my old worn couch and recliners are on there now... Someone just picked up the couch for their college freshman's apartment and someone should be by for the recliners tomorrow. And to think the wife wanted me to haul them off to the dump!

never heard of it till now, I'm going to check it out

I just posted a model train set of tables (3) total 11x 4 that I was trying to sell complete with equipment, couldn't get rid of it.

We'll see if I get any takers for the tables.

Thanks again.

Yeah we got a free deep freezer off freecycle. I have offloaded some old computer parts to be put to better use than grow spiders in my garage. Although now I use craigslist more for cheap goods, freecycle is always good to browse - if ya get lucky you can find some nice stuff there... :)

Freecycle here in Little Rock is GREAT!! god knows SOMEONE will take anything, junk or not, a wonderful way to get rid of stuff. I have picked up some nice stuff too, including a 26" TV for my daughters room, nothing at all wrong, just needed some cleaning!

aj........just yesterday, i put a wanted ad in freecycle.......and i haven't put anything in there to give away yet.........but you have to wait for a mod to approve the post.......took couple days for me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky