New Sourdough Starter Jars

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Was in a bread group and someone was talking about using.
Borosilicate straight sided jars for starter. Some didnt even know what they are so I had to toss my info out there. They have removable silicone seal. I'm putting all my weck jars for a shelf rest.

No slant sides, bumps or screw tops.

nsj.JPG

nsj1.JPG

nsj2.JPG

Sorry I really don't get it???? Sour cream containers have servered me well for over 20 years why spend money on a gimick???

You have any extra your more then welcome to throw some my way EH
Sure

Will throw as hard as I can, what reaches you, you can keep, what stays in my yard I get to keep....Deal

• Haha
Reactions: KBFlyer
Wide mouth Ball jars work great, and they are cheap.
Actually anything that is glass and sealed I will not use. Gave some to a lady friend once in a mason jar and it exploded in her hot car on a a very hot sunny summer day. Took her a long time to claen up the mess.

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Actually anything that is glass and sealed I will not use. Gave some to a lady friend once in a mason jar and it exploded in her hot car on a a very hot sunny summer day. Took her a long time to claen up the mess.
I punch several small holes in the white plastic lids. I've had some overflow. But I have my starter measurements down pretty well now. So even when it gets super lively, it doesn't overflow.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky