Damn rain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rickw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 1, 2008
The Peoples Republic of IL.
Well it was suppose to be warm and sunny all weekend but it's raining out right now. I put a couple of pork shoulders on around 5:30 this morning now this. I have the Horizon under a big ol maple tree so I hope this will help shield it from the heavy stuff.

I swear it's rained around these parts, northern Il., more than I can remember.

You got the same thing we did her in STL Rick... I just flat out had to cancel my smoke till today or tomorrow...

Clouds here and a little chilly. Weather channel says its going to rain here fer sure. I will be going through the same thing..... what a pisser!!
icon_mad.gif

Rick,

I hear ya! I am moving forward with my smoke too, even though it WILL rain in Central IL today. I have no tree or cover, but last time it happened to rain, nothing went wrong. Well...surface rust the next day I had to clear right quick
icon_rolleyes.gif
Other than that, it was good - have fun and check back later!

Bman

All you can do is go with the flow at this time. Hope everything turns out great for you and all.

Within the last hour the clouds parted and the sun came out. Looks like it will come and go all day, glad I started the smoke.

Hope you are having better luck.
icon_cool.gif

The rain let up, then stopped in time to get my shoulder's finished. They're done and in the cooler resting.. It's still cloudy but that's OK.

Congratulations on your luck with the rain, now where's the Qview...
icon_mrgreen.gif

We're taking it to the sister in laws and they're all packed up and ready for a road trip. We'll try and take some pics while we are there.

Oh we would be soooooooo happy to see some rain in So Cal - the thermometer in the house says 80 - gonna have to shut the windows and
turn on the air so the grandkids dont melt

RickW;353072 said:
Well it was suppose to be warm and sunny all weekend but it's raining out right now. I put a couple of pork shoulders on around 5:30 this morning now this. I have the Horizon under a big ol maple tree so I hope this will help shield it from the heavy stuff.

I swear it's rained around these parts, northern Il., more than I can remember.[/quote]

I hear that...one of our nearby communities has been flooded out several times since the 4th of July...above normal rainfall for this entire part of the state so far for the year.

I want to do a couple butts myself on Labor Day and we have forecast for a good chance of T-storms...oh well...I'll manage.

Take it easy!

Eric

I guess we're just lucky to live in Fla. We had great weather but then we have hurricane, Nor easters, tornados just not on the weekends they all come out during the week. And if you believe that can I interest you in this barely used bridge over here. Sometimes you just have to take one for the cause.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky