Cranberry juice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wingnut00

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 9, 2020
Hey everybody. I rarely say much but today I have a question. I got me a set of baby backs on the 26” Weber and swore I had some pineapple juice but after digging I realize I don’t. I do have cranberry juice and was curious if anybody has ever tried spritzing ribs with cranberry juice. I’m gonna try it since that’s my option. B&B charcoal with cherry and peach chunks for the smoke. What do you folks bet, gonna be good or not?

Reactions: JLeonard
Bet it will make them a lovely red color. Never tried spritzing ribs. Please take pictures and let us know how it went.

Reactions: JLeonard
Appreciate everyone replying! They have about twenty to thirty minutes to go and I’ll get a couple pictures on here. I just pulled em out of the foil a bit ago and they look delicious!

70680409808__883371C8-3DD0-4E97-995F-D2C314E0DBC4.jpeg
This is how I started

Ok! First off, I ain’t good with pictures like all of you folks so take it easy on me. Second, these ribs were probably the best I’ve cooked. They didn’t have a smoke ring to speak of but the flavors were ridiculous!
The cranberry juice did in fact give them a beautiful color but I don’t think it helped or hurt the flavor. Simply helped keep them moist. I will without a doubt do ribs again like these and will be using cranberry juice!

I use Cranberry juice quite a bit with pork and poultry. Actually what I really like to use is Ocean Spray's 100% Cranberry/BlackBerry as a base for brines and spritzing.

Btw the ribs look great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky