Cranberry juice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wingnut00

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 9, 2020
Hey everybody. I rarely say much but today I have a question. I got me a set of baby backs on the 26” Weber and swore I had some pineapple juice but after digging I realize I don’t. I do have cranberry juice and was curious if anybody has ever tried spritzing ribs with cranberry juice. I’m gonna try it since that’s my option. B&B charcoal with cherry and peach chunks for the smoke. What do you folks bet, gonna be good or not?

Reactions: JLeonard
Bet it will make them a lovely red color. Never tried spritzing ribs. Please take pictures and let us know how it went.

Reactions: JLeonard
Appreciate everyone replying! They have about twenty to thirty minutes to go and I’ll get a couple pictures on here. I just pulled em out of the foil a bit ago and they look delicious!

70680409808__883371C8-3DD0-4E97-995F-D2C314E0DBC4.jpeg
This is how I started

Ok! First off, I ain’t good with pictures like all of you folks so take it easy on me. Second, these ribs were probably the best I’ve cooked. They didn’t have a smoke ring to speak of but the flavors were ridiculous!
The cranberry juice did in fact give them a beautiful color but I don’t think it helped or hurt the flavor. Simply helped keep them moist. I will without a doubt do ribs again like these and will be using cranberry juice!

I use Cranberry juice quite a bit with pork and poultry. Actually what I really like to use is Ocean Spray's 100% Cranberry/BlackBerry as a base for brines and spritzing.

Btw the ribs look great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky