Cottage/shepherd's pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Made a batch of shephard's pie (ok, cottage pie as not use lamb).
Did all in a cast iron pan on the grill. The only other substitute is use hashbrowns instead of making mashed potato. I've put hickory wood chips on coals to get smoke. Yummy!

Attachments

• Shephard's pie done in a cast iron on grill.jpg
    Shephard's pie done in a cast iron on grill.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Yummy shephard's pie.jpg
    Yummy shephard's pie.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 18
I get that pretty regular and we just call it hash. I'm not a big fan of the masher covering. Mashed taters need a healthy covering of gravy to satisfy me.
When you said hash browns I expected shredded potatoes in place of diced. I'm thinking shredded might make a good cover, too.

One of my wife's favorite meals!! I don't use lamb, either, and always use mashed potatoes. Might just have to try the hashbrowns. Nice work...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky