Another Bacon Dome w/ Loaded Mashed Potato's and Single Cut Dry Rub Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks scrumpdillyicious! Is that even a word? I love it David! You never disappoint that's for sure!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the love and the comment

Ha ha , it is a word in my book, and glad you liked the bacon dome of potatoes ,lol
And the single ribs were good with Jeffs rub and more outside bark than normal

David

DRKs, Incredible looking meal and your bacon bomb is going on the "to do" list.

Thanks Moon for the like and the comment

The bacon dome is always a pleaser , few different things can be built inside of them

Give it a whirl 🌪️🌪️, fun top do , and everyone thinks it is cool with the crispy bacon weave

David

As always David, looks fabulous, bravo sir!

Dave

Thanks Dave for the like and the comment

Was a very nice meal , single rubbed ribs and the bacon dome potatoes, was a winner for sure.

Now I got to say , It is early and I got a little confused ( happens a lot , lol )

What happened to hammer77 name

David

Reactions: Flatrate
Thanks Dave for the like and the comment

Was a very nice meal , single rubbed ribs and the bacon dome potatoes, was a winner for sure.

Now I got to say , It is early and I got a little confused ( happens a lot , lol )

What happened to hammer77 name

David
Sorry about that, I recently changed it. When I joined here sometime ago I only belonged to one other forum, a bowling forum and used the same name. Over the years with all my hobbies I started joining more forums, in the web world I am more known as Flatrate.

Just wanted the same here. I have actually ran into people I know from different forums on forums of another subject. Thats all.

Dave.

ps. I really don't bowl anymore my slide knee can't take it.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Sorry about that, I recently changed it. When I joined here sometime ago I only belonged to one other forum, a bowling forum and used the same name. Over the years with all my hobbies I started joining more forums, in the web world I am more known as Flatrate.

Just wanted the same here. I have actually ran into people I know from different forums on forums of another subject. Thats all.

Dave.

ps. I really don't bowl anymore my slide knee can't take it.

No need for sorry , I knew it was you just early morning confusion,
Makes sense to keep the same handle all over the www.

Just don't change your picture for a while ( pulp Fiction ) lol
That way I will soon set in with the new name, for me anyway, thanks Dave

David

Reactions: Flatrate
tx smoker tx smoker
made some gravy for the next day , just to have seconds , ribs were gone

DSC_7691.JPG

There , now I don't feel so bad, lol

David

Another Bacon Dome w/ Loaded Mashed Potato's and Single Cut Dry Rub Ribs

I normally like to do a glaze but this time I wanted dry ribs, just the juice and grease running down my chin this time, lol

Cut the ribs into singles , coated with Jeff's Original Rub, into the fridge for an hour or two while I got the potatoes boiling.

View attachment 668625View attachment 668626
View attachment 668627
Potatoes boiling, onions and celery sautéing, red and green peppers diced, and cheddar grated
( I also added 2 eggs to help bind all )

Put the ribs in the smoker at 275deg. with cherry and mesquite chips and chunks

Once the potatoes cooled , ( i left them a little chunky for more texture for finished product. ) I added all the items together in a bowl.
Made my bacon weave and into my flipper baking bowl

View attachment 668628 View attachment 668629
View attachment 668631
View attachment 668632 View attachment 668633

Stuff and the potato mix into the bowl on top of the bacon, push in solid, wrap the bacon tails on top than I added a flattened pie plate and a Foil wrapped weight so the bacon would not curl out of the pan. Into the oven at 350 deg. ( I know I did not smoke this one , sorry )

View attachment 668634 View attachment 668635

Check on the ribs, doing good about 1 hour to go , around same time for the bacon Dome, lol

View attachment 668636

Pulled the potatoes and flipped the bowl onto my pie plate onto another pan and back in for about 15 minutes to crisp up the bacon

View attachment 668638 View attachment 668639
View attachment 668642

Ribs are ready to come in to rest while I set the table and get my plate filled up

I let the Bacon Dome ( potatoes ) rest for about 15 minutes, I am always nervous about the first cut , worried it will just spill out like soup one of these times ,lol

So here they are both resting , but my mouth is watering for a rib......

View attachment 668643
View attachment 668645
View attachment 668646

Drum roll... ... .. the CUT, .nice it stayed intact

View attachment 668648

My plate with a little kale salad with poppy seed dressing.

View attachment 668649

Well folks, this is the end.

Great ribs, I like the dry ribs, but also like my different glazed ribs , and the bacon dome loaded mashed potatoes , always a good looking display at the table
and the flavours were right on .

But I got a greasy thumbs up from across the table, so that is what I like to see

Thanks for looking and reading

David
This one looks just as good as the first one.
And that is to say, drool worthy!

This one looks just as good as the first one.
And that is to say, drool worthy!

Thanks John for the like and the comment

Yes it was almost as perfect as the first one I posted couple years ago. But I really like a good scalloped potato
And like the ribs done as singles also, not always though.

David

Wow David… that is just one top notch meal there as per usual! Very nicely done and congrats on a well deserved ride!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky