Cornish hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Stemy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Ohio
Newbie here. I picked couple cornish hens to smoke tomorrow. How long should I let them soak in s ok me brine and what temp and how long to smoke them for?

You're going to get a few opinions on this, but I would do an overnight brine, and then smoke them at a minimum of 275 until internal breast temp is 160ish. You want the higher heat to avoid rubbery skin. Like I said, just my opinion. I always like posts like these, because I always see ways I never thought of. BTW, welcome to the site!

Reactions: Stemy
Would you rinse them off after taking them out off the brine?

Brined over night and cooked hot , they will go fast . Just watch the internal temp so you don't over cook .

Reactions: Stemy
Would you rinse them off after taking them out off the brine?
Yes . You want the skin as dry as you can get it also . I like to rinse , dry , then I let it go in the fridge un covered over night . So rinse in the morning , dry it off and put back in the fridge un covered , until you want to cook .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky