First Time Smoker, thanks for all the tips!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Trepif

Original poster
Nov 23, 2023
Southern Arkansas
Hello all! My wife won a Pit Boss 700FB from Coca-Cola this July (she singlehandedly keeps their stock afloat), and it has essentially become my new favorite past time. So far, I've smoked about one pork shoulder every two weeks, and the occasional brisket, pork loin and Cornish hens. Every time I decide to do a smoke, I come back here the day(s) before to plan out the smoke as best I can. Thank you all for the posts as they have stopped rookie mistakes from occurring. My first shoulder has been either my best or second best to date. I figure the wonky temperatures we've been experiencing in Arkansas may be to fault for this. Either way, thank you all for spreading great tasting recipes and safe food practices! Here's a few shots of one of my first shoulders I'm still striving to replicate!

Attachments

• 20231028_055043.jpg
    20231028_055043.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20231027_223814.jpg
    20231027_223814.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231028_053934.jpg
    20231028_053934.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231028_053950.jpg
    20231028_053950.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: JLeonard
Hello all! My wife won a Pit Boss 700FB from Coca-Cola this July (she singlehandedly keeps their stock afloat), and it has essentially become my new favorite past time. So far, I've smoked about one pork shoulder every two weeks, and the occasional brisket, pork loin and Cornish hens. Every time I decide to do a smoke, I come back here the day(s) before to plan out the smoke as best I can. Thank you all for the posts as they have stopped rookie mistakes from occurring. My first shoulder has been either my best or second best to date. I figure the wonky temperatures we've been experiencing in Arkansas may be to fault for this. Either way, thank you all for spreading great tasting recipes and safe food practices! Here's a few shots of one of my first shoulders I'm still striving to replicate!
Hi there and welcome!

This community is great isn't it!?
If you ever have questions, feel free to ask and I'm sure you'll get the help you need and you'll get that consistency you are looking for :D

Reactions: ronf
Welcome from Mississippi! Look forward to more of your posts and pics. What part of Arkansas you in?

Jim

I'm in Warren/Monticello area. So 1.5 hours give or take to Greenville and the Boat, but I try to stay away from it. The slots are too enticing lol.
Lived/worked in Greenville for a few years. Yeah those boats can be enticing…heck ain’t much else to do there!

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky