Cleveland BBQ-- Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You know, I completely forgot about Haluski. I'll have to do the kielbasa with that. Great explanation on C-land Q! It's definitely a culture that I hope never dies.

Fish frys are another institution that I hope the younger generation continues. Not only do they serve fish at these Fry's, but they also do some of the best stuffed cabbage that I have ever eaten. Absolutely amazing.
No wrong way to eat kielbasa. Pierogi is another. Did with kraut a long time until I tried knockwurst.

Went to a Polish wedding one time and has forever spoiled me on cabbage rolls. Have not had any even close since. Also heard the desserts at those things are killer too.

No wrong way to eat kielbasa. Pierogi is another. Did with kraut a long time until I tried knockwurst.

Went to a Polish wedding one time and has forever spoiled me on cabbage rolls. Have not had any even close since. Also heard the desserts at those things are killer too.
My mom made the best perogies.... It's amazing how many people have never heard of them.

Reactions: zwiller
My mom made the best perogies.... It's amazing how many people have never heard of them.
Found out a Polish friend of mine from high school is making them for sale now and trying to get on his list. Funny, I recall talking sauerkraut balls to someone here and they were WTH are those? They had never heard of them. Found out later it's basically a Akron/Northern Ohio thing. I had no idea...

nc_ohc=g15miXCwefEAX8Y8Ybh&_nc_ht=scontent.ftol2-1.jpg

Found out a Polish friend of mine from high school is making them for sale now and trying to get on his list. Funny, I recall talking sauerkraut balls to someone here and they were WTH are those? They had never heard of them. Found out later it's basically a Akron/Northern Ohio thing. I had no idea...

View attachment 678857
Now that is Halloween treat I can get behind!

It is very interesting how even in today's age, regional food is still unknown by most the population.

Eastern European had a very diverse offering beyond sausage and pierogi.
Every culture has a dumpling and a piergo is the regional variation.
I had no idea what a pierogi was until I joined this site...
Keith, there is a lot of members that have NEVER hear of the numerous Italian delicacies you have been producing and posting. Me included in the lot.

Thanks for posting this recipe Schwarzwald Metzger Schwarzwald Metzger . It looks amazing. I too grew up on Northeast Ohio slovenian and Polish sausage. R & Ds, Raddells, State Street Meats, Peats Meats, Jawarski's, Trumble County Meat locker. R & D, State and Trumble were always my favs. Joe from R&D recently retired and sold & I will miss his wide array of dry sausages as well as his outstanding bacon and slovenian sausage. I would always have him slice his bacon #3 like prosciutto and eat like that without cooking. Man, so good. Soon I will be trying my hand at Kielbasa and this will definitely be on the list.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky