Checkin out! see ya later!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Alllright... First off..let me say that Cap't Dan is a top-notch pitman, and once again, he wow'd 'em! But also in the credit where credit is due department... here's the REAL star of the show

The Lang just keeps impressing me more. Ooo just tossing in a log gives me goosebumps!

Here's the accomodations of which we were BOTH grateful for, provided by our host.

The Captian, and a few folks... the seated gentleman in the blue shirt...Ryan was the host of the shindig. Might I mention he has IMPECCABLE taste in cigars and bourbon. Well and a few other things, but that's off topic here ;{)

OK to the heart of the matter...

The alluded to Pork-ina-Cup!

And I tried to do the belly shot...but it ended up a "twister". Ouch.

More craziness available here...

http://s471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/esalink/

What a GREAT time! Thanks Dan and Ryan!

LOL...Looks like a great time Rich!!! The food looks amazing....
cool.gif

Love that belly shot! LOL

Wow, What a weekend, and a great time. We had some great times, and ya know what they say about Vegas, and stayin in vegas, well, this wasn't vegas, so I guess we can teel a lil bit. Nice pics Rich, The pork in O cup was pretty funny. Rich had most of the pics of the finished product, and I think it was as good or better than it looked. Folks just couldn't leave it alone. I know a few folks will be lookin for bigger britches this morning.Here is the meats all layed out warming up a bit while the fire was becomming hot coals!

3 briskets and 6 butts. 90-91 lbs of raw meat. It's 2:30 am
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

So after I got all the animal parts into the Lang, I took this pic, it's 3 am and the neighborhood is sleeping!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Got her packed pretty full, had room for a couple fatties , but thats about it.Took a couple hr nap while the Lang took over, and the quiet calm morning and TBS was awesome. After naptime, I took a pic at the 5 hr time,8 am.

Butts were foiled at 165-170 and they ranged from 81/2 hrs( no plateau on that one) to 11 hrs to finish at 200-205 internal. The briskets had more of a stubborn attitudes and had 2-3 hr plateaus, but they turned out pretty good.
biggrin.gif
Stuck em in foil pans after the second flip at about the8-9 hr mark, then covered them with foil at 170-175 internal, and let them ride to 200. Enter Rich's nice pics here.
PDT_Armataz_01_38.gif

The food was served at 5 as promised, and I didn't get any shots of the food line( kinda busy), but the folks seemed to be loving it all, lotsa folks stoppin by the smoker/camp to check on us and chat about the Q. Rich and I had a great time explaining how the smoke process works, and the Lang and SMF, and the group of folks was very entertaining. I had a blast, I think Richtee had a pretty good time too!
biggrin.gif

Here is my friend Ryan with his girl Lisa and he got her a bottle of wine and wanted to share the first sip of it with the group.

Yep, the bottle is actually a glass rifle replica!

This event was a great time and our hosts were awesome!Their freinds and family were all so appreciative and gratefull of the meat. I kept the Lang at an idle speed untill we morning hrs, and every crumb of the beef and pork was gone.

I want to thank my friend Rich for his help. He was"huge" in making this cook-out as good as it was. The Lang was the big star, and continues to make me feel so lucky to have her.Rich was also a star with the ladies and our hosts.The morning cobwebbs included lotsa good comments about the food, and my pal Rich. Thanks buddy! If I ever get over near yer area again, I'll hafta get a hand from ya again.They already want to book us for next year, same weekend. I told him we'd be there and to stock up on the rye and cigars!

Hope you folks enjoy my little cooking adventure. It was fun to share it with you.
icon_smile.gif

Looks like a grand time and the food looks great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

The dude said his cousins and other kin were on the local police department staff. He was a fire dept captain. I think we had the bases covered pretty good!
biggrin.gif

I just got an email from him saying that folks have been calling him all day sunday wonderin if there was any meat left over!
icon_smile.gif

My GOD I can't believe there was so little!? Some of them had hollow legs I swear! What was there like a pan of the pork left? what..60 people ate 3 briskets and 5 butts?!? Holy CRAP!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Wow, what a great time and good smokes! I can believe it's all gone, I know if I'd been there I woulda needed a wheelbarrow to tow my gut outta there!
biggrin.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks like you guys had a Blast!! Great job on the food and pix...and thanx for sharin!!! Way ta go!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

great job capt dan and rich!!!!! looks like it was a blast!!! i am sure those peeps had some mighty fime eats.

Just registered to say thanks to Dan for cooking for this event! I usually use the name Firemedic, but someone already has it, so I registered under Capt (FD).

I usually do my own BBQ'ing for my events, but this year I wanted to relax and actually spend time with the guests, and not have to worry. I have heard nothing but good things about Dan and his food from our hunting/fishing forum, so I knew I could trust him with the meat.

It was excellent food, and Dan and Rich were, to say the least, entertaining! That pic of me holding the gun wine for Lisa turned out great! A great time was had by all, and the amount of knowledge Dan and Rich carry, even while intoxicated, is tremendous. I hope to have you all back again next year for the event, this time I will get Rich TWO bottles of Rye......
icon_smile.gif
By the end of the night I could hear people saying, "You can't beat Dan's meat!".

I will introduce my self later in the proper section, but I am too tired still and I need to get some rest for work tomorrow. I look forward to hanging out in the forum and learning a bit more!

Ryan

Hey, Good to see ya sign on. Good thing you and Rich are freinds, cuz he likes to scold folks for not going to roll call early. He'll probably give ya a pass since ya treated him to some good cigars and drink. But yeah, when ya get a minute, let everyone know a bit about yourself( not all the freaky stuff I found out about this weekend though).
eek.gif

There are a ton of guys here that use the same gasser as you have in your yard, so you could get some tips if ya need some, or offer advice to others.

Thanks again Ryan for the oportunity and the fun! well done on a great party!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Man, what a blast you all seemed to have had!! Great food, great friends, great tasty beverages and great cigars adds up to one helluva great time!

Nice job guys! Looks like I could get used to a job like that!!

Was it better than trimming out baseboard behind a watercloset? Sure looks like it from the pics!!

Alot more fun anyways. Yes I plan on getting used to more of these!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky