Binfords horizontal double barrel smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Couple rolls of Italian sausage
went on today. Pick them up at a grocer store that was just opening for $2 a pound.
A couple sweet potatoes with some cinnamon butter and we are set!

IMG_20180526_193843752.jpg
IMG_20180526_204059699.jpg

IMG_20180610_154841312.jpg
Couple fattys going down.

Philly cheese steak and olive burger.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I couldn't be happier with this thing.
I am sure other homemade and store bought jobs work great and yield great results, but for my money I can't imagine needing or wanting anything else.

In the future I'll work on my recipes and rubs and sauces. Then I'll get into different kinds of wood.
So far I only have 4-5 smokes under my belt with it. I think I posted 3 here. And since I only have time on the weekends and i have tons more to learn about smoking. It will be while before I'll venture to a different rig.

good deal.. also remember that different wood will make your sauces, rubs, what have you, taste different (a little) ...

Yeah that's fine. Right now I am only smoking with cherry wood. I hope to get the process of smoking down and start getting an idea of the rubs and sauces I like. Then I'll try the wood and if I don't like something I'll go back to the cherry wood

Excellent Set-up, Smoker, Birds, Sausage, Fatties, Shelf,-Blah-Blah-Blah!!!

Lets just make that "Excellent Everything"!!!:)
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: Binford 6100
My first set of baby back ribs this weekend. Went great. Weren't as fall off the bone as I would have liked but the meat was tender and had a great flavor.

IMG_20190527_104826385_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190527_160515905.jpg
IMG_20190527_161423822.jpg

Reactions: wbf610
Nice build and food. I was wondering if the was a lark. Don,t see many of them. Many years ago I had a 56 Powerhack. Study small block with cam and 3 twos. Lots of fun!

Yeah, unfortunately this lark has a poor compression inline 6 in her. Three cylinders are down and it needs a rebuild.
I did score another parts car lark with the stude 259 in it. Unfortunately that to is froze.
I have a gm 3.8 supercharged v6 for it. So that is my current plan for it's new power train. Something different then the same old Chevy 350.
Although neither vehicle in my avatar have gotten alot of love lately as I'm been having a new affair with my new love. A 67 chevelle 327/4sp.
IMG_20181006_180433413.jpg

Don't mean to change the topic but....
You might have bought my old Study! That's what happened to it. But that was back in 68. Although I'm a Ford guy now I appreciate most brands. Had a 67 Firdbird 400 conv. brand now. To young and dumb to keep it. really like the Chevelle of that era.
Sent many years in the Shelby Club open tracking with a 90 Mustang set up for track but still street legal. Way fun. Unforturntly my tracking days are over but the youngest daughter is loving the car and hating the mileage.
Now I live vicariously thru guys like you. Thanks for keeping athe spirit alive
Orion

Reactions: Binford 6100
It's not a thread derail in my opinion when talking cars!
I'm actually building the Chevelle with a full on coilover system so I can compete in track days and auto cross events.
The big and little classic look of the cragar SS will make way for some 18s with low profile tires. Should be sweet.
Then after that's done the body is coming off the lark frame to start some upgrades and fitting the gm v6 and trans.
When it's done it will be my wife's daily driver.

Sweet on both counts. Ya, the muscle cars were great in a straight line if they had plenty of room to stop. The coil over systems and bigger better brakes make a huge difference. Not sure where you live but I was lucky, here in Cal we are able to track year round. If it rains it's all about learning control.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky