Kettle vent handle melted.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
Anyone ever seen this before with their kettle? I was making pizzas and it does get really hot. Around 800* but I’ve used my pizza kit probably 50 times and have never had an issue. But the handle for the lid vent melted right off. This is a replacement lid from Weber and used probably less than 15-20 times.

Attachments

• IMG_8469.jpeg
    IMG_8469.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8465.jpeg
    IMG_8465.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 13
Anyone ever seen this before with their kettle? I was making pizzas and it does get really hot. Around 800* but I’ve used my pizza kit probably 50 times and have never had an issue. But the handle for the lid vent melted right off. This is a replacement lid from Weber and used probably less than 15-20 times.
No mine doesn’t have that. But my dang lid handle came off the other day. Need to weld it back.

I can see that happening. Mine doesn’t have a plastic handle, just the metal tab bent up.

Send Weber the picture . I bet they send you a new one . Get it heated back up and clean the plastic off . Could probably just go without if you're running temps that high .

I melted the lid slides on my Performer .

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky