Big Nor'easter coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As I tell people, my favorite beer is next one I haven’t had yet. I usually make it out around Atlanta NY about once a year but not recently due to Covid and a now 2 year old (he isn’t road trip tested yet). I love the beer scene out there.
Atlanta NY, that is a new one to me! I am from lower NY but went to college in Oswego on lake Ontario.

They are everywhere here in NY, then again some of the beer distributors around here have bigger IPA isles than my grocery stores have meat!

Man, I'm so tired of IPA. They taste like somebody's front lawn. So boring. There's so much of that stuff at the beer department that it's hard to find anything else.

Reactions: boykjo
I'm about 35 miles northwest of NYC. I guessing we only got about 5-6 inches here but it's hard to tell due to high winds that were pretty much blowing it all over the place. The front of my house faces due west and the winds gusting from the north pretty much blew nearly everything off my front yard and my back deck. Very cold with the gusts though, single digits and lower.

Last edited:
Well it is mostly over for now. 3rd storm this month. We have had a lot worse but for me . This one really sucked
Approx. 12" of snow drifting up to 4 feet. So yes real windy. Received light freezing rain not the 4 hours of rain they called for .

I started to clear the snow before the rain that I thought was coming and MY GOD DAMN snow blower broke, the auger shaft lifted out of the housing, I think just slid forward enough to not engage. Only made about 2 passes towards the road and wound not through the snow at all , kept disengaging
So started with my cordless shovel, I'm too old for this throwing heavy snow abouve 6 feet
To my rescue 3 neighbors, with their snowblower, 4 x4 with plow ,and a truck took away the street plow pile. I owe them big time
Only took 4 hours to clean up.
Today just high wind warning
DSC_3971.JPG

DSC_3972.JPG

David

Attachments

• DSC_3973.JPG
    DSC_3973.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Wow
Reactions: bigfurmn
I'm about 35 miles northwest of NYC. I guessing we only got about 56 inches here but it's hard to tell due to high winds that were pretty much blowing it all over the place. The front of my house faces due west and the winds gusting from the north pretty much blew nearly everything off my front yard and my back deck. Very cold with the gusts though, single digits and lower.
you mean 5-6" not 56 inches correct? On LI we got about 2 feet while my house in PA only got a couple inches

you mean 5-6" not 56 inches correct? On LI we got about 2 feet while my house in PA only got a couple inches

Yup, the farther East, the worse this storm. We only got about 5" here, The big ones were East of I-95.
My Buddy in Potter County only got about 1".

Bear

I feel for y'all .. problem is.. I just can't reach ya... I too am originally from upstate NY.. Just a few miles from Lake Ontario... I remember the 77 blizzard very well... Lake effect snow is bad there.... Everything was shut down... the only way around was by snowmobile... we were riding down the highway and rode over the top of a semi .. drifts were up over the back and the front... Moved to Fl. the day after New Years 1979 ...

No nor eastern here but this is what we have accumulated this season so far
B33FB3CF-8AFE-4861-A7AF-B94A6237BF12.jpeg

h
B249C968-CA8A-49DC-9D5A-BE45F88C1B25.jpeg
97FDC294-BCB1-4420-87E1-184AB0DE0749.jpeg

hope you all survived the storm. It sucks getting that much at once

No nor eastern here but this is what we have accumulated this season so far View attachment 523980

hView attachment 523981View attachment 523982

hope you all survived the storm. It sucks getting that much at once
Wow Smoking, your pics remind me of Buffalo NY. Where I live now we expect to get somewhere around 4 to 8 inches starting this Wednesday over about 3 or 4 days. And we think we have it bad. Next winter wife and I are flying the coop to Florida for 3 months!

Wow Smoking, your pics remind me of Buffalo NY. Where I live now we expect to get somewhere around 4 to 8 inches starting this Wednesday over about 3 or 4 days. And we think we have it bad. Next winter wife and I are flying the coop to Florida for 3 months!

Florida is probably a lot better than there but yesterday morning we were at 20 degrees we didn't have any snow. Tampa and Miami weren't as cold as us but both were below normal

I feel for y'all .. problem is.. I just can't reach ya... I too am originally from upstate NY.. Just a few miles from Lake Ontario... I remember the 77 blizzard very well... Lake effect snow is bad there.... Everything was shut down... the only way around was by snowmobile... we were riding down the highway and rode over the top of a semi .. drifts were up over the back and the front... Moved to Fl. the day after New Years 1979 ...
Where were you located?
I remember the Blizzard of 77 very well

Bill... I lived in a little town called Gaines... Just North of Albion ... Which is in between Rochester and Buffalo

Know the area well. lived in Batavia for a little over 4 years. Elba, Oakfield, Alabama, Lyndonville, Holley, Kendall, Kent, Medina, Roosevelt Highway.....

Cool .... That's the area I grew up in ... Born in Medina (1961)... lived in Gaines (Ridge Rd)... Rode bicycles to Point Breeze to swim in Lake Ontario ..

So my wife's son in law and family are from Lyndonville.. We both grew up in the area and moved to Fl. Never met each other until YEARS after the move...

Reactions: bill ace 350
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky