Well this is NOT good

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good luck to you and all your neighbors. Don't get caught out on one of those oil field roads in that fire.

Reactions: GaryHibbert

Good luck Gary, pulling for you! RAY

Prayers for safety Gary and rain !
Can't even imagine.

Keith

Prayers Gary I sure hope the rain comes down hard enough to help or you get a change in wind direction. Stay safe and listen to the orders if conditions are right fire can move in a hurry

Thinking about and praying for you and yours, Gary...:emoji_pray:

Gary, I'm definitely keeping you, your family, and the insane cat in my thoughts and prayers. Stay smart and safe.

Ray

Take care of yourself and your family! Including the insane cat.

Good luck to you and all your neighbors. Don't get caught out on one of those oil field roads in that fire.

Wishing you the best outcome, Gary. Keep us posted.
Peace be with you and yours.

Good luck with this Gary,
we have been watching this for a few days , just terrible

David

Any update?

Jim

HalfSmoked HalfSmoked

May the Lord be with and all the luck you can gather. Surly a bad situation to be in.
Prays for you and your family.

Warren

Thank you all for your concern.
As is usual, when the government is involved, there are dozens of conflicting reports. Makes it hard to really get a grip on what the actual situation is. Apparently there are now over 30,000 people that have evacuated province wide. But there seems to be very little information about fire sizes and boundries.
Miss Linda, the young'un, and I went for an extended drive yesterday to check out the situation as best we could. There was a large presence of law enforcement blocking access to a lot of areas, and due to the cool weather, calm winds, and light rain it was pretty much impossible to learn much.
The fire south and east of Drayton Valley has grown to about 11,600 acres, and is apparently still threatening the town.
Like I said, we didn't learn much, but we came home feeling a lot better about the situation than before our look around. Now if the light rain and calm conditions will just continue..........
Gary

Last edited:
Im just in LacSte Anne County and we got a huge dump of rain last night. Hope it made it over there in Drayton, Im about an hr from there.

Stay safe
Corey
Thanks Corey. I rained pretty much all night here--but just lightly. Still we actually have puddles on our road now, so that will definitely help some. And this light rain is supposed to continue for the next few days.
How's your situation looking?? Good I hope, since you're not all that far from the fires north of Hwy 16.
Gary

Thanks Corey. I rained pretty much all night here--but just lightly. Still we actually have puddles on our road now, so that will definitely help some. And this light rain is supposed to continue for the next few days.
How's your situation looking?? Good I hope, since you're not all that far from the fires north of Hwy 16.
Gary
We are fine here Gary Thanks, wife and I have a bag packed just in case. The rain last night wet our property down a lot, I have water laying in the fields again so we are cautiously optimistic. Fire map shows nothing active around us. Hope the rain keeps up around your neck of the woods, (fingers crossed). We are watching it all closely and are hoping things change for the better soon.

Stay safe
Corey

Good luck. Fires are scary. Have had my own close calls so hope mother natures backs off.
Thanks daspy. No change today--that's a good thing. The fire is now about 1 mile from Drayton Valley, but not moving. If we could get a real soaker, we just might see the end of this.
Getting pretty bored as I can't work.
Gary

Reactions: noboundaries
Gary hope the fires are calming down out there and you guys are still safe, Nova Scotia was about to send out some firefighters to help, but we just had a big fire break out in the valley here ( no where near where I am at ) and it is eating up a lot of area fast.

David

• Sad
Reactions: GaryHibbert
Things are looking a lot better here. We took a drive yesterday down to Rocky Mountain House (about 60 miles south of us). It's the closest place for us to go grocery shopping right now. Drayton Valley is still evacuated and all the roads leading into it are closed, but with a few out of the way detours we had no trouble getting there. The good news is that except for those road closures, all roads (including the ones right through the previous fire areas) are now open. With the last few days of cool, calm weather and the light rain, all fires that were threatening us seem to be under control or pretty much out. The fire close to Drayton is still a danger to flare up again if the weather gets hot and windy--which they tell us is about to happen this weekend--but that's about 20 miles from us. So, all thing being equal and the creek don't rise, we should come out of this smelling like a rose. Seems like the Good Lord is looking out for us.
Thank you all for the prayers and good wishes.
Gary, Miss Linda, grandson Orion, and the Insane Cat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky