Beef Ribs - Last Day of Vacation (PIC HEAVY)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, all good things eventually end. My vacation is over. I might as well go out big. I was given a gift card for Snake River Farms - I decided to order their "American Wagyu" Beef ribs. I'd have a hard time justifying the cost, but, it was a gift.

The rack weighed in at an even 7 pounds...

View attachment 459671View attachment 459672

I seasoned them up with my favorite beef rub ... Meat Church's Holy Gospel.

View attachment 459673

I put them on the Yoder set to 275F and let them smoke away with Oak pellets...

View attachment 459674

After 5 hours I pulled them and wrapped them in pink butcher paper ....

View attachment 459675

After a total of 9 hours they were done. They were "probe tender" all over .... it was like sticking a hot knife into soft butter.

View attachment 459676

I rewrapped them, put them in a heated cooler with a few towels, and went to my brother's house for dinner. There's no way I can eat this hunk o' meat by myself! After about a 1-1/2 hour rest I pulled them from the cooler, and proceeded to carve them into slices. Man oh man, was this meat tender.

View attachment 459677

Finally ... time to eat! My nephew made some deviled eggs and a pickled cucumber salad .... my brother made some beans. Good food always tastes better with family by your side.

View attachment 459678
Looks fantastic!

Reactions: bacon_crazy510
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky