BBQ Spots Shutting Down

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The old boy here that opened up only offered spare ribs. No sandwiches, no brisket. They had no rub. tasted good but werent to die for. 4 months later he was gone.

Cheerwine plus Jack Daniels = awesome

I do love me some Cheerwine though. Even without the Jack.
biggrin.gif

I stumbled across that combo when watching a little ranger TV at a wheeling event. I have tried Cheerwine with other whiskeys and bourbons since and I think with Jack is the best combo.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I just drove by a the only place on the west side of Portland to get anything even close to real Que.. little hole in the wall called Rio's Ribs. The food was ok but nothing spectacular but he always had half a dozen cars in the parking lot with both smokers chugging along. As I drove but not only are the business and house boarded up to look like a hurricane is coming but both smokers are gone as well as the wood pile. Not sure when it happened but it was the only place where you could get real smoked que anywhere near here thats not Famous Dave's...
icon_cry.gif

Chuck Wagon BBQ and eatery shuts down , Mabank Texas

http://www.chuckwagonrestaurant.com/

This place had decent food but served up brisket with fat attached and people gave it a bad name for doing so . Then the owner hired a manager and not a Pittmaster to run it and he drove it down and out . I have been trying to contact owner . This leaves only 1 q joint within 20 miles of Mabank and Gun Barrel City Texas to eat Q . They have several big name places like Chili's , Pizza Hut , Lowes , Wal Mart etc ...

Lexington has some good Q, but I prefer a couple places in High Point to anything that I've tried in Lexington. Country BBQ and Big Joe's BBQ in High Point beat anything that I've had in Lexington and I've been to MOST of the Q-Joints in Lexington.
I'll take the cook-out in a pinch, but I'd much prefer to seek out a Q-joint to try instead.

about a month or so ago they had a article in the paper that someone here had bought a SONNY BRYAN BBQ franchise. suppose to open like 5 or 6 around tulsa area. they either have a lot of money or know something we don't.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky