Baby backs baby II!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
IMG_8645.JPG
Doing baby backs myself. Usually I've been doing the small racks from wallyworld but decided to switch it up and get normal size rack. The rack on top is 2.380 pounds the small rack is actually a really big rack for its kind. It's at 1.49 pounds. They were clean out of chicken and rib rub so I got this stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
IMG_8646.JPG
Olive oil and rub and on the smoker then build and light my fire

View attachment 366268 Doing baby backs myself. Usually I've been doing the small racks from wallyworld but decided to switch it up and get normal size rack. The rack on top is 2.380 pounds the small rack is actually a really big rack for its kind. It's at 1.49 pounds. They were clean out of chicken and rib rub so I got this stuff
Those look like some nice meaty ribs, looking forward to seeing the results :p

IMG_8653.JPG
IMG_8652.JPG
]
IMG_8654.JPG
Ok not final but almost 2 hours and they got really good color. I think it's a mix of the sugar in that rub and the olive oil. Haven't put oil on last few times. Put them on before light the fire and its came up to 250 degrees. Little preheat action too, cooking with apple again and trying some of my 2 month seasoned oak that are cookie cuts

Last edited:
Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
IMG_8658.JPG
Finished the small ribs at 3.5 hours and I'm going to let the bigger ones go little over 4. Big ribs in the back looking little dry, I think there smith field. Salmon creek farm ribs in front with a lot more fat on them. Natural juices on the all over. It's going to be a good test

Looks like the plan is coming along nicely.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: motolife313
Thanks for all the nice comments!i think I over cooked the small ribs because they seemed little dryer the usual. Got a couple more racks I'm going to do this week some time after work, I'll be thinking what else I wanna cook while working tomorrow lol.

I thought chicken and rib rub was a lot better. Didn't seem like this one had that much flavor. Thanks for the point!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky