A noobe checking in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tleonhar

Original poster
Apr 25, 2010
Belle Plaine, MN
Hello all,
I've been lurking here for a few days and decided it's time to check in. I've done some attempts at smoking in the past with mixed results, I used the cheepie Brinkman and an incredibally cheap electric in the past. The electric was OK but just barely and was highly dependant on outside temperature, not a good thing here in MN. So, as a retirement gift (from myself to me
icon_smile.gif
), I got a Cajun injector electric unit. I was looking at the MES units and trying to decide between the stainless steel Sams Club unit or the basic black models I've seen at Lowes, then a local outlet (Fleet Farm), had the Cajun version on sale for $170, which I scored on.
Today I did my first batch, got some fresh brats and smoked them at 225 for 4 hours using a mix of 3/4 hickory and 1/4 apple, results were AWESOME, wife is making a list of just about every form of edible dead animal one can imagine to put into the smoker.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Looking forward to picking up all kinds of tips and techniques here, and maybe even share a few of my own as my knowledge grows...

Welcome to SMF TLeon. It's about time you came in from the shadows to partake of the adventure you're about to embark on. & what a wonderful trip you will have. We are glad to have you here & please enjoy your stay. Check the link in my sig for posting pictures which we call the qview. But you knew that from lurking. Have fun.

Welcome to the forum. You'll find all the help you need here at SMF. Just keep in mind that this isn't a hobby, it's an addiction!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum. Log in often and consider this your higher education. Hang on, the professors will be along shortly to introduce themselves. The first class you'll want to attend is Jeff's 5 day course in smoking. Can't wait to see what you'll be posting down the line.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky