A couple thick strips please!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love me a thick cut steak cooked like that! Unfortunately we don't have steak too often anymore since prices have gotten a bit out of hand around here. Once in a while we treat ourselves to some and it never disappoints.

Reactions: JLeonard
Love me a thick cut steak cooked like that! Unfortunately we don't have steak too often anymore since prices have gotten a bit out of hand around here. Once in a while we treat ourselves to some and it never disappoints.
Same here. A while ago Piedmontese had 5 pound boneless sirloin on sale for 85.00. And for this quality of meat. It was worth it. I only wish I would have bought more than three of them.

Strips look awesome to me! Got me craving steak Steve! LOL!!! Congrats on making the spinner...
Thanks Keith!

Strip and rib-eye steaks are my go-to steaks and I would definitely "go-to" your house and eat a hella-plate-full of that fine looking meal!

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Thanks! Yeah. The meat from this company does this for some reason. I wanted to keep it lower than this. It was still plenty tender and juicy.
Steve, thanks for sharing! As a gentle cooking tip, due to the leanness of the beef, we also recommend pulling about 8-12 degrees cooler than normal, so the resting carry over takes it to the ultimate level of doneness for your desired outcome. For a perfect medium rare, I would suggest to pull at 120 degrees (for reference, I pull ALL of my steaks at 118) and let them fully rest.

Perfection on the plate every time! Thank you for sharing, and enjoy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky