What to do with leftover rib roast. CHEESE STEAKS!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forktender

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 10, 2008
NORCAL
I bought a 14 lb cryovac'd rib roast for $5.00 per pound between Christmas and New Year.
I let it wet age for a 8 days because I was lazy.
Last night we ate S. V. Rib roast, smashed baby potatoes, and broccoli.
Sorry no pictures. I S. V. It for 13 hours at 135* and
it wasn't as tender as I hoped it would be, so I pulled an end around play, and made cheese steaks with the leftovers and trim. I sliced it as thin as I could with a breaking knife, then pounded it out with a meat hammer to thin it out and tenderize it.
I melted up some Velveeta, and provolone, then cooked up the meat in a cast iron pan with the juices from the S. V. Bag.
The photos explained the rest.

Damn, these were KILLER!!!!

What a great way to use up some choice rib roast.

Thanks for look'in.
Dan.

Attachments

• 20240104_185349.jpg
    20240104_185349.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20240104_185407.jpg
    20240104_185407.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20240104_193120.jpg
    20240104_193120.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240104_193501.jpg
    20240104_193501.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20240104_193642.jpg
    20240104_193642.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
The meat was seasoned overnight, I used a new Kinder's Ultimate, Steak and roast rub, .is S&P&G and black truffle.........holeeshit!!! it is straight up KILLER on beef. I can't wait to smoke up the rack of beef ribs I cut off the roast, they won't be plate ribs, but I left a little more meat on them this time around.
I'M sure they are gonna be killer. I'm making a beef burrito this afternoon with the leftover meat and cheese, I have a few small pabalano's and a red bell pepper that will go into it with some sort of beans, either black beans or refried...and some sliced Jap peppers. Holeecow, those Drake Denoginizers knocked me for a loop, 4 beir's @10.5 %alc. really made for a nice nap this evening.

Dan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckeyedude
Not sure what's better... the pics of your sandwiches or the price you paid for it to begin with! Excuse me while I go kneecap David and Justin and eat their sandwiches they stole! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
I'd been chasing David and Justin hoping for a bite! Thats a great looking sammich. And I am digging those trays.

Jim

When it comes to food… you both might be surprised just how fast this ol redneck can run! 😉. But hey, as long as I can outrun David… maybe I’d be good! 🤣

You flung a craving on me! Just went to our local grocery store that has a bakery and bout some rolls for us to do this with tonight!
Thats the only bad thing about this forum......It makes me hungry and I'm going to the store on the way home from work to get stuff!

When it comes to food… you both might be surprised just how fast this ol redneck can run! 😉. But hey, as long as I can outrun David… maybe I’d be good! 🤣
LOL.....And this ole fat boy from Mississippi can get to stepping when its for good looking food like this!!! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Jim

WHOA Dan those are fine looking sammies! Haven't seen that rub but gotta hunt it down now bases on your results and recommendation !

Keith

Reactions: forktender
Nice Dan, i could wolf down those and the biers! Are those red Habs on that cheese steak?
Hell no!!!!!
I can't handle anything hotter than Japs, these days.
They were the red and green cherry peppers.

Reactions: clifish
WHOA Dan those are fine looking sammies! Haven't seen that rub but gotta hunt it down now bases on your results and recommendation !

Keith
Costco had it, it's the first I've seen it as well. I bought a bottle to try, after I tasted it I went back and bought four more.
If your Costco doesn't have it, I bet you can order it from either Kinders or costco.com.

Reactions: 912smoker
But hey, as long as I can outrun David… maybe I’d be good! 🤣
LOL.....And this ole fat boy from Mississippi can get to stepping when its for good looking food like this!!!
Excuse me while I go kneecap David and Justin and eat their sandwiches they stole! :emoji_blush:

HA HA , you guys are funny, But I learned a long time ago how to eat while running :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: . You might catch me , but the
the beautiful cheese steak sandwich built by Dan forktender forktender would have been swallowed long before you catch me.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky