8 Point Buck-Burgers (with Sweet Tater Fries)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Looks tasty Bear. Nice job on the deer burgers.  
icon14.gif
Thank You John !!

Bear

Bear, I read your posts and drool.

As we don't do the venison thing down here, as much as you guys do over there, I hardly see it and when I do I have to buy it from a butcher.

Your buck burgers have set me in motion and I will be looking to buy the three meats to combine for these wonderful looking patties.

I was wondering why you don't put anything else in your mixture, we add all sorts of foreign additives in our patties, mainly to try and increase the flavour. I personally add an egg to hold the whole thing together, does the buck burger hold together well?.

If I knew how I'd give you a point for this one.

Cheers

From Down Under.

Bear, I read your posts and drool.

As we don't do the venison thing down here, as much as you guys do over there, I hardly see it and when I do I have to buy it from a butcher.

Your buck burgers have set me in motion and I will be looking to buy the three meats to combine for these wonderful looking patties.

I was wondering why you don't put anything else in your mixture, we add all sorts of foreign additives in our patties, mainly to try and increase the flavour. I personally add an egg to hold the whole thing together, does the buck burger hold together well?.

If I knew how I'd give you a point for this one.

Cheers

From Down Under.
Thank You Ian!

For Over 50 years, I've tried many mixtures & percentages of Beef & Pork with my Venison, and we have settled in on our favorite, and have been using it for about 15 years:

50% Venison

25% Pork (as in Pork Butt)

25% Beef (80--20)

Then we mix 2 TBS of Worcestershire sauce with each Pound when making the Patties, a few hours before grilling.

We refrigerate them a few hours before Grilling, and as long as I'm just a little gentle flipping them they stay together pretty good.

Don't flip the first time too early.

I don't put a lot of other things in my Burgers, because my Mother used to put so much junk in that they didn't taste like Burgers!!!

Bear

In Canada we call them 4 points
hit.gif
looks good
Thank You!!

Yeah---Out West this 8 Pointer would be called a 4 Point too.

PA has always counted them all. Maybe because we don't have any Muleys, and we can have Whitetails with 14 on one side, and 9 on the other. We call that a 23 Point Buck.

Bear

Nice Buck, Woodsman!!!
icon14.gif

11 Point--!2 Point ??

Nice Sausage too.
drool.gif

Bear

I called it a ten,but my taxidermist said elleven with a questionable point at the base those where hamburger patties.The family devoured them.
Much better Pic to see the Points. I see the 10 real good in the Pic.

I get the Patties too. Looks like your Burger Press makes them look like a rolled up ring of sausage.

Thanks for the Reply. 
icon14.gif

Bear

Nice Buck Zach!!
icon14.gif

And Nice Burger Too!!
drool.gif

I have never tried Hot Pepper Rings on my Burgers, but I will now!!
drool.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky